• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff breakfast in the fares database

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Quite by chance while looking up a fare to Stafford, I noticed a destination of 'Staff breakfast' appeared as I began to type 'Staff...'.

Out of curiosity, would anyone know what on earth this is for?

I trying playing about with a fair range of origins, but had no luck in getting any fares to display that might have otherwise shed perhaps even small chunk of light on this quandary.

Many thanks for any replies, I'm quite intrigued by it! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
When the EMT cooked breakfast moved to being a free offering for first class passengers EMT staff travelling in first class wanting to partake were allowed to do so by paying £5 which was put through the ticket machine by the train manager like so.

Sadly the breakfast is a thing of the past now.

cool110

There's also a Light Breakfast that doesn't permit break of journey unlike the Staff Breakfast.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Does that mean if you buy the Staff Breakfast you can get off, get on the following train and get another breakfast?