• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff residential travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego1234

Hi,

I have a residential season ticket (staff travel). Am I able to use it to enter/exit another station that is on/within my route?

(Obviously one that is not further on from my place of residence/work)

Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi,

I have a residential season ticket (staff travel). Am I able to use it to enter/exit another station that is on/within my route?

(Obviously one that is not further on from my place of residence/work)

Many Thanks
Yes, although you can only get a residential season ticket issued from the closest stations to where you live and work (other than in exceptional circumstances with the agreement of RSTL), it is treated as a fully fledged season ticket once purchased.

That includes the right to break your journey en-route, making unlimited journeys for any purposes (residential, duty or leisure) and claim Delay Repay.

The only limitation is that you cannot make use of London Underground interavailable routes if you are non-safeguarded.

diego1234

Thanks for that. The station I wish to use occasionally due to start times at my work place is geographically located between my 'home' and 'end' station but not directly on the line I use most frequently so assume I can still use this for travel? I live just outside the London area & will be travelling into London terminal stations.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thanks for that. The station I wish to use occasionally due to start times at my work place is geographically located between my 'home' and 'end' station but not directly on the line I use most frequently so assume I can still use this for travel? I live just outside the London area & will be travelling into London terminal stations.
As long as it's on a permitted route, you're absolutely fine.

If you want to check whether it's on a permitted route, a quick way of doing so is to go on a ticket buying website or on NRE and search for the journey in question.

If it will offer you the route you intend to take, on a walk-up ticket with the same route as your season (e.g. Any Permitted), it's valid.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It would depend on whether the station you wish to use is on a permitted route between your 'home' station and 'end' station. We'd need to know the stations and ticket held to be able to advise properly.

diego1234

Hi, the ticket is going to be for Edenbridge (any) as there are two stations in the town to London Terminals valid on National Rail only.

I would like to travel from Purley occasionally which located between my home station and London.

Many thanks

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi, the ticket is going to be for Edenbridge (any) as there are two stations in the town to London Terminals valid on National Rail only.

I would like to travel from Purley occasionally which located between my home station and London.

Many thanks
Purley is on a permitted route from Edenbridge to London so you are free to start or end your journey there.

Status
Not open for further replies.