• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Bowie

It has Bluebird legal lettering which suggest its a transfer, the loan buses usually just have a "on loan to..." A4 sign in the window.

In theory yes. I'm surprised it hasn't been repainted yet given they wasted no time in repainting 4805

It has Bluebird legal lettering which suggest its a transfer, the loan buses usually just have a "on loan to..." A4 sign in the window.

In theory yes. I'm surprised it hasn't been repainted yet given they wasted no time in repainting 48059.
Oh so Inverness did transfer then if its got the legal lettering, sorry if this is dumb but is Legal writing that writing thats beside the wheel where it says “Bluebird LTD” or whatever it is thats written down there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caleb2010

Yes, that’s the place, either there or just behind the rear n/s wheel!

It’s probably transferred while bluebird repair the last lot of enviros highland shafted onto them!

Ricky Kane

In theory yes. I'm surprised it hasn't been repainted yet given they wasted no time in repainting 48059.
26130 has been transferred and 21398 will return to Inverness once all skye buses repaints are complete.

Bowie

26130 has been transferred and 21398 will return to Inverness once all skye buses repaints are complete.
At least Inverness will finally have another livery apart from boring Local, they’re obsessed with it

Do we know when the repaints are done?

aberdeen1

11169 has suffered a “technical issue” twice in the span of two trips on the 10 tonight.

One in Forres working the 16:40 Elgin-Inverness which resulted in a 30 minute delay, and has now suffered another one upon arriving into Aberdeen Bus Station. Causing even more delay.

Vehicles suffering from issues on the 10, along with the M96 is becoming much more frequent, and the vehicle involved is usually a E400MMC

When will they realise these vehicles aren’t suitable for the 10&M96?

They aren’t really suitable for the 35 either but that’s a whole other story!

11169 has suffered a “technical issue” twice in the span of two trips on the 10 tonight.

One in Forres working the 16:40 Elgin-Inverness which resulted in a 30 minute delay, and has now suffered another one upon arriving into Aberdeen Bus Station. Causing even more delay.

Vehicles suffering from issues on the 10, along with the M96 is becoming much more frequent, and the vehicle involved is usually a E400MMC

When will they realise these vehicles aren’t suitable for the 10&M96?

They aren’t really suitable for the 35 either but that’s a whole other story!
What exactly was the issue?
They are only five years old, even if unsuitable I wouldn't think they should be failing frequently if maintained properly.

aberdeen1

They are only five years old, even if unsuitable I wouldn't think they should be failing frequently if maintained properly.
I’m unsure of the exact issue, only going off of Stagecoach’s social media post’s, although having been on one a few times when these so called “technical issues” occur, it’s usually either a breakdown, or a warning light the driver is unsure enough about to stop the bus.

Although whatever the issue 11169 has suffered upon arrival into Aberdeen Bus Station, it has meant it’s had to be swapped with 19735… an even more unsuitable bus. Now leaving just under an hour late.

Last edited:

aberdeen1

Not sure how Elgin or Macduff’s Depot’s maintenance is, although if the busses are so frequently failing, I can’t imagine it would be good.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Plastic, cheap ADL junk at its best would seem to be the obvious answer here. And yes before someone jumps at me I know I'm biased against them but nonetheless, these things are not designed for the work they're being put to and as far as I'm aware there's no ban on free speech yet

aberdeen1

While on the topic, 19217 also seems to be suffering from some sort of issue while working the 23:30 10C to Insch, either that or it’s decided a 20+ minute long nap on North Anderson Drive is the best idea.

Ricky Kane

At least Inverness will finally have another livery apart from boring Local, they’re obsessed with it

Do we know when the repaints are done?
I'm not too sure when they're finished. Currently 21395 is away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although whatever the issue 11169 has suffered upon arrival into Aberdeen Bus Station, it has meant it’s had to be swapped with 19735… an even more unsuitable bus. Now leaving just under an hour late.
What is 19735 and why is it less suitable? It's not coming up when I do a Find On Page on the Bluebird, Highland or East Scotland bustimes pages.

Bowie

What is 19735 and why is it less suitable? It's not coming up when I do a Find On Page on the Bluebird, Highland or East Scotland bustimes pages.
The bus in question the other lad would have been talking about is 19375 SV58 BMZ, an E400.

Plastic, cheap ADL junk at its best would seem to be the obvious answer here. And yes before someone jumps at me I know I'm biased against them but nonetheless, these things are not designed for the work they're being put to and as far as I'm aware there's no ban on free speech yet
Lad no ones attacking you for opinions, chill out

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
We've just had a situation where a fleet number has been incorrectly posted - two digits being the wrong way round can cause some issues. Please ensure that you double-check your posts before submitting them to the forum.

When referring to a specific vehicle, it would be somewhat helpful if a description of the vehicle type is also provided, along with the registration number. The latter allows people to look up databases such as buslistsontheweb.co.uk for further information, although no data source is going to be entirely without flaws.

Ricky Kane

No worries mate

So one of Skye’s buses 21394 (SJ72 HNH) is in Inverness, not sure why but im assuming its a loan since Fm36 MX14 FUP’s MOT apparently ran out
Could be going or coming from paint as that batch is being repainted at the moment. If it was a loan would make sense to send 21398 back as that is due back at Inverness soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowie

Could be going or coming from paint as that batch is being repainted at the moment. If it was a loan would make sense to send 21398 back as that is due back at Inverness soon.
Fair, hope it comes back soon. I need to get an updated pic of it lol

Red Onion

With the extended night service trial having recently finished, does anyone know how the services fared? Wondering if they were a success or not.

Surreyman

The latest (2024) British Bus Publishing book does not list Tain, Insch, Stonehaven or Macduff depots, have they closed?
I realise that they may be outstations/sub depots of larger depots and understand that while many so called outstations are nothing more than a bit of tarmac in someones yard, that these were proper depots with refuelling facilities and some limited maintenance?
Can anyone clarify?

Bowie

The latest (2024) British Bus Publishing book does not list Tain, Insch, Stonehaven or Macduff depots, have they closed?
I realise that they may be outstations/sub depots of larger depots and understand that while many so called outstations are nothing more than a bit of tarmac in someones yard, that these were proper depots with refuelling facilities and some limited maintenance?
Can anyone clarify?
Can’t speak for Stonehaven, Insch or Macduff but Tain has the usual facilities bigger bus depots have, but a smaller amount since its small

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Can anyone clarify?
Stonehaven has a fixed allocation of vehicles and its own controller so would still classify as its own depot. Insch and Macduff are subdepots/outstations of Aberdeen and Elgin respectively with the fleet rotating to allow for maintenance.

Bowie

So, former Inverness 28650 SV12 AAK and 28645 SV12 AZG have now transferred to Bluebird along with Orkney’s 21379 SJ71 HLW + 11785 SK23 CSZ. Evora 21406 is also with Bluebird but on loan

Ricky Kane

So, former Inverness 28650 SV12 AAK and 28645 SV12 AZG have now transferred to Bluebird along with Orkney’s 21379 SJ71 HLW + 11785 SK23 CSZ. Evora 21406 is also with Bluebird but on loan
20650 and 28645 are also on loan. They are heading to go to East Scotland in due course.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
All of these are loans not transfers. 11785 was on 201/202 last night. Despite coming down to Aberdeen yesterday 21406 is currently at Elgin depot and looks to be getting used there.