• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KendalKing

Established Member
Does anybody know what happened to the deckers that Travellers apparently had sitting in one of their depots?

No Double Decker's at Dalton Depot on Tuesday afternoon when I was there.

Nothing at Dalton depot, assume at Carnforth.

No Double Decker's at Carnforth Depot (where I work) this morning at 6.15, or this evening at 7.30

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KendalKing

Established Member
The four Double Decker's, that were due for the X35's will not be turning-up. Due to Stagecoach registering it on a commercial basis as the X6.

Some of the services which Stagecoach were the prefer bidder, will now be operated by other operators including Travellers. One such route is to have an 62 reg'd Streetlite on it and myself as the driver.

Dallamlad

Established Member
The four Double Decker's, that were due for the X35's will not be turning-up. Due to Stagecoach registering it on a commercial basis as the X6.

Some of the services which Stagecoach were the prefer bidder, will now be operated by other operators including Travellers. One such route is to have an 62 reg'd Streetlite on it and myself as the driver.

I assumed from your signature that Streetlites were on the way! Look forward to seeing them, assuming we are talking about Lancaster? Although if there is only one Streetlite maybe not...

stagecoachuk

Magic Bus 16762 at Carlisle from Chorley while 16653 is here for repaint along with a ME Trident. 19034 just about finished.

Off topic but does anybody have any photos of 14245 throughout it's time with Stagecoach (On the road, depot or Open Days) they could possibly send to me. Not fussed if it's in Stagecoach livery or Cumberland. The earlier the photos the better.

If they could be sent to [email protected] I would appreciate.

Dallamlad

Established Member
I thought 16762 was supposed to be heading for Fife but expired so was dumped at Chorley?

Could be making its way slowly to Fife, stopping over at CE or indeed a more healthy Oly from the reserve selection sat at CE could go to Fife with 16762 been repaired properly, painted and put into use around here. As far as I am aware 16762 was for schools, which will be going back very soon so may be more convenient for Fife to take an Oly that can be put into service immediately.

Last edited:

CumbrianJosh

few things that may or may not be of interest...

I was lucky enough to ride on both 14252 and 14256 on the 555 today :D
256 was a little bit sluggish on the steeper roads but 14252 was brilliant! it was placed on the Lancaster 555 for at least part of the afternoon(the 1240 from Kendal and 1425 from Keswick at least)

also 20908 seems to have been fixed and is in service again, it was in Windermere for a bit then went on the afternoon 508 with a very young looking female driver!

Finally 52629 was circling around Penrith town centre with private hire on the Destination display and a Carlisle inspector at the wheel, it did at least 2 circles of Penrith...

stagecoachuk

few things that may or may not be of interest...

I was lucky enough to ride on both 14252 and 14256 on the 555 today :D
256 was a little bit sluggish on the steeper roads but 14252 was brilliant! it was placed on the Lancaster 555 for at least part of the afternoon(the 1240 from Kendal and 1425 from Keswick at least)

also 20908 seems to have been fixed and is in service again, it was in Windermere for a bit then went on the afternoon 508 with a very young looking female driver!

Finally 52629 was circling around Penrith town centre with private hire on the Destination display and a Carlisle inspector at the wheel, it did at least 2 circles of Penrith...

52629 on Sainsburys.

Dallamlad

Established Member
why was it in Penrith? I don't quite understand the Sainsburys contract thingy..

Also the reays lakes hopper service has been renumbered as either the 555R or the 599R depending whether its going to Keswick or Grasmere..

I don't remember Reays registering their route number changes which I am pretty sure they are required to do...

EDIT: Apparently VOSA does show the change.

Last edited:

jonesy3001

Established Member
Enviro 400s 10025-29/31 are back at morecambe, unsure if the others are coming back in stages or after the paralympics.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Magic Bus 16762 at Carlisle from Chorley while 16653 is here for repaint along with a ME Trident. 19034 just about finished.

Off topic but does anybody have any photos of 14245 throughout it's time with Stagecoach (On the road, depot or Open Days) they could possibly send to me. Not fussed if it's in Stagecoach livery or Cumberland. The earlier the photos the better.

18324 is the ME trident up for repaint,18327 is the last 05 reg to do as i think the 55 reg tridents are leaving ME(including eric:(18362).

Last edited:

ZahnradFabrik

To add to that, some cab area pics would be welcome and very advantageous, for reference, i.e. Showing ticket machine, etc. As Stagecoachuk says, the earlier the better.

Cheers Guys
ZF

cainebj

Established Member
JOHN SHAW & SON LTD T/A THE TRAVELLERS CHOICE, THE COACH AND TRAVEL CENTRE, SCOTLAND ROAD, CARNFORTH, LA5 9RQ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Lindale Village
Finish Point: Lindale Village
Via:
Service Number: 532
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2012
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank hols

The answer to:

KendalKing

Established Member
JOHN SHAW & SON LTD T/A THE TRAVELLERS CHOICE, THE COACH AND TRAVEL CENTRE, SCOTLAND ROAD, CARNFORTH, LA5 9RQ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Lindale Village
Finish Point: Lindale Village
Via:
Service Number: 532
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2012
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank hols

Top marks there cainebj.

Thats is indeed the route that I myself, will be doing with one of the Streetlites.

mbonwick

Established Member
That's 15823, which is Preston's latest vehicle for 2X2. It's there permanantly, to allow a spare for said route.

CumbrianJosh

not Stagecoach but I noticed on here a week or 2 ago that someone was talking about Reays taking over the Apollo 8 services on the 106 route, well the new timetable for the 106(starting in september) has appeared on the council website and interestingly Reays have only taken over the Stagecoach operated services operated from Penrith and it's actually Kirkby lonsdale coaches that have taken over Apollo 8's services.

jonesy3001

Established Member
Me and a fellow forumer were chatting the other night as why a certain bus was parked on the back fence and had it been withdrawn?
I said l wont know til the day after, and went in yesterday and it had, but which bus is it?

mbonwick

Established Member
No actually, I hadn't when I posted - though I have now.

I was guessing that it would be a decker that's withdrawn, and the only one that I can think of that would get you noticing is 14196, hence the guess.

cainebj

Established Member
15684 spending the day on 30/31. Would assume the others are around on other routes too. 4 MAN E300's are on 300.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.