• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KendalKing

Established Member
The withdrawal of the 111 from Earnshaw Bridge is being covered by the rerouting of the hourly 113 Preston-Wigan route, its second rerouting this year following a change in route to serve Wymott Prison in April as a result of the 112 being cut back.

No wonder the buses are losing passengers left, right and centre!

Take my local services, which were cut by 70% earlier this year. Since the cuts, passenger numbers have drop to an all time low! When I moved to where I am currently living, we had four buses per an hour, now we get only one bus per an hour, when it decides to turn-up that is, as more often then not they fail to turn-up!

I have lost count, in the number of complaints that I have made to Stagecoach about their buses failing to show up.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
Despite being reported, as being withdrawn the Olympians are still active on service 5 Overton-Carnforth.

On thursday morning, two Tridents from the NK07xxx reg series were running the pre-9 AM "5" services. My son tells me thats been the case all week. Saw one on the "5" yesterday afternoon, but couldn't get the number (they're identifiable by different "WiFi" labelling to the local buses)
This morning NK07HBH (19148) was doing driver shuttles between Lancaster Bus Station and White Lund - usually an Olympian run

Whistler40145

Established Member
Amazed to see Stagecoach Gold 125 branded 15239 having an outing from Preston to Liverpool on the X2 earlier today while I was in Southport.

TheHovisKid

On thursday morning, two Tridents from the NK07xxx reg series were running the pre-9 AM "5" services. My son tells me thats been the case all week. Saw one on the "5" yesterday afternoon, but couldn't get the number (they're identifiable by different "WiFi" labelling to the local buses)
This morning NK07HBH (19148) was doing driver shuttles between Lancaster Bus Station and White Lund - usually an Olympian run
There was an Olympian on a 2 at the Battery at 5:15

tjwpsv

I notice from the Stagecoach fleet card that open top Tridents 17012-6, 17217/77 are not currently DDA compliant. Does anyone know if the plans are to upgrade them over the winter, please, or is the opportunity to be taken to replace them?

randyrippley

Established Member
I've noticed that some of the new 555 fleet seem to be running empty from/to White Lund from Lancaster most mornings and evenings. Are some of them now based at Morecambe instead of Kendal or is there a serving need for them to come to Morecambe?

KendalKing

Established Member

I keep being told about these new buses, but not seen any of them on the 5 yet!, I live on the number 5 route in Carnforth, when ever a catch a number 5, it nearly always a P-reg Olympian or a S-reg Trident. That when it turns-up that is.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Regarding the stabling of some 555 route buses at White Lund, presumably this is to ensure that fleet availability is better managed.

mbonwick

Established Member
Absolutely nothing to do with fleet availability and everything to do with the extra (via M6) runs that Morecambe do in summer.

Don't expect the ex-Newcastle E400s to be around for much longer....

ste898

Absolutely nothing to do with fleet availability and everything to do with the extra (via M6) runs that Morecambe do in summer.

Don't expect the ex-Newcastle E400s to be around for much longer....

I think maybe some manners is needed for answering what was a genuine question!!!!

randyrippley

Established Member
I keep being told about these new buses, but not seen any of them on the 5 yet!, I live on the number 5 route in Carnforth, when ever a catch a number 5, it nearly always a P-reg Olympian or a S-reg Trident. That when it turns-up that is.

19145 / NK07GZY was on the 5 for much of today (Thursday 29th)
According to http://www.uk-buses.co.uk/fleetlists/stagecoach.php its the only one of that batch left at Morecambe. The rest didn't last for long!

mbonwick

Established Member
Don't confuse economy of words with rudeness.

That said, not sure how else you'd have wanted me to word what I said?

Brilliantbert

Perhaps we can finish this particular thread as not very helpful? It is very easy for a genuine, but short, reply to seem curt when that isn't the intention, as seems to be the case here.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Maybe I could've worded my question better.

As someone who doesn't work in the bus industry, it was just a query as why the 555 fleet is split between Kendal and Morecambe depots.

mbonwick

Established Member
Maybe I could've worded my question better.

As someone who doesn't work in the bus industry, it was just a query as why the 555 fleet is split between Kendal and Morecambe depots.

There was nothing wrong with what you posted. It was a perfectly sensible suggestion, just not the correct one!

It's absolutely not your fault if someone else takes exception to how I reply to you.

randyrippley

Established Member
That seems a very modern double decker for Carlisle

I'm sure it won't stay long

Looks like its the only one of that batch left in Carlisle. The rest certainly didn't stay long!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
for those who like Olympians, 16649 / R249NBV was in service in Whitehaven this afternoon (3/10/16).
Think it was service 33A (or 33B?)

Status
Not open for further replies.