• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenw29

34802 sitting in Carlisle workshops freshly painted, 34705 sitting outside rubbed down and panelled up waiting for paint, 19143 being prepped for paint so looks like a few of these deckers will stay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
one of the green liveried "new" 555 fleet was running into Lancaster from Morecambe on the 2A around 7AM today.
Too far away to catch which one it was.

randyrippley

Established Member
Looks like Morecambe depot has problems with fleet allocation at the moment........around 7am one morning last week one of the "new" green 555 fleet was running into Lancaster from Morecambe.
Today around 5.30pm 10563 was running into Lancaster on the 2X, while another was on the 2A in Lancaster. Both are in green 555 colours.
Are they simply maximising use of these new buses? Or does Morecambe have a fleet shortage?

TheHovisKid

Looks like Morecambe depot has problems with fleet allocation at the moment........around 7am one morning last week one of the "new" green 555 fleet was running into Lancaster from Morecambe.
Today around 5.30pm 10563 was running into Lancaster on the 2X, while another was on the 2A in Lancaster. Both are in green 555 colours.
Are they simply maximising use of these new buses? Or does Morecambe have a fleet shortage?
Aren't they spare-ish now the extra 755s have finished for the winter?

mbonwick

Established Member
Yes, they are spare now summer season is over so the 555 ADLs will be appearing on other Morecambe local routes.

mbonwick

Established Member
Believe Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire with some sort of single decker.....possibly a Plaxton Centro(???).

Of course, KLCH are Travellers Choice to all intents and purposes these days...

KendalKing

Established Member
22598, brought Carnforth to a standstill this afternoon, when it broke-down in the middle of the traffic lights at Market Street, whilst working service 5.

TBSchenker

Spotted several Green hybrid Enviro400s around Hyde Road with the reg OU10 xxx, so I'm guessing recent transfers up.

gka472l

Spotted several Green hybrid Enviro400s around Hyde Road with the reg OU10 xxx, so I'm guessing recent transfers up.

Yes, several from Oxford (ousted from there by new E400MMC's), off the top of my head, the transfers are 12015/12016/12018-12021/12023-12026.

HTH

Ado 16

Despite being reported, as being withdrawn the Olympians are still active on service 5 Overton-Carnforth.

Hi folks.

Rather sad that there hasn't been more made of the Olympian's departure. Even Slam Door Trains ran special "Farewell Tours" of the South Eastern Region before they were taken off the rails. If I've missed such an event, I apologise, but the Olympian? The last Leyland designed bus, should have enjoyed a better send off really. I doubt we'll see such a long lived model again with all the 'elf and safety regs dictating bus production and use, now.

I realise it probably means nothing to the ordinary punter so why bother - but could have said the same for the Cl 421 trains down South.

Last edited:

childwallblues

Established Member
Hi folks.

Rather sad that there hasn't been more made of the Olympian's departure. Even Slam Door Trains ran special "Farewell Tours" of the South Eastern Region before they were taken off the rails. If I've missed such an event, I apologise, but the Olympian? The last Leyland designed bus, should have enjoyed a better send off really. I doubt we'll see such a long lived model again with all the 'elf and safety regs dictating bus production and use, now.

I realise it probably means nothing to the ordinary punter so why bother - but could have said the same for the Cl 421 trains down South.

They have certainly stood the test of time with Stagecoach.

Brilliantbert

Hi folks.

Olympian design (Leyland then Volvo) lasted from 1981 to 2000 (19 years), a good solid design that was improved on/changed over the years. Just to compare, first Dennis Tridents came out S-reg in 1999 so have already managed 17 years under now the guise of ADL and I can't see the latest offering being fazed out any time soon.

randyrippley

Established Member
Demise of the Olympians?
Something to be celebrated, not mourned. Would have been better named as "Leakmasters" from the amount of rain that got in upstairs.
I was never sure if it was due to a design fault, cracks due to tree/bridge strikes, or a result of replacing the original bonded windows with gaskets.
Whatever, now they've gone, the kids on the number 5 school runs are much happier

childwallblues

Established Member

childwallblues

Established Member
It has been reported that a further 33 E400MMC have been ordered and added to the Stagecoach 2016/17 order. These are for Merseyside & South Lancashire.
Allocations for these buses are not known but some are expected to go to Rock Ferry for routes 471/72.

TBSchenker

Further to the Oxford E400 hybrids I spotted last week, also spotted several YN61 plated E400 hybrids around Manchester with 192 branding.

Wonder if Stagecoach are concentrating all their hybrids in Manchester?

Status
Not open for further replies.