• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainebj

Established Member
Does anyone know what's going to happen with buses when the road between the temporary bridge and the northside roundabout in Workington is closed? Basically I need to get to Dunmail Park on Saturday. Will probably just walk it frm the bus station if its an alright day, but wanted to know just in case.

Some signs in the bus station about it would be handy, also would a road closure notice on the Stagecoach website, seeing as the road closure signs have been up at the roadside for around 3 weeks now.
The general road diversion is through Seaton, so if the buses follow that route too, we won't be seeing Scania's on 300 on Saturday & Sunday, and possibly early Monday morning.

There is however, some signs attached to bus stops at Northside Roundabout and at Dunmail Park, but I didn't read what was on them with me driving past in the car, and I think there is a few notices in some buses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
I'm guessing swapped for now.

The fleet numbers mentioned and 23 have something to do with it....

Mike Redding

W'ton - M'port;
Across the river, right at the roundabout, along the riverside, left at the roundabout, up over Calva, left at Seaton shops, down Lowca Lane and right at the bottom.

M'port - W'ton; the reverse.

AIUI there will be no service to Northside/Siddick/Dunmail during the works :(

Thanks for the reply, At least we finally know! I just hope it doesn't rain on Saturday now, as it looks like i'm walking.

mbonwick

Established Member
That batch has not arrived yet, and indeed is allocated numbers higher up the range anyway.

So numerically they will be some of the first 10xxx E400s, if you discount the few on the extended 2011 order.

robertclark125

Established Member
That batch has not arrived yet, and indeed is allocated numbers higher up the range anyway.

So numerically they will be some of the first 10xxx E400s, if you discount the few on the extended 2011 order.

You're absolutely right Michael. That batch for London is numbered from 10051 onwards, and are due from MARCH onwards.

cainebj

Established Member
With the road closure in Workington this weekend, as expected, its chucking out a few "odd" allocations due to the low bridge on diverted route.
300/302: 22599, 22608, 22610 and 27766.
Short 302: 16734 (300 branded 15686 would have maybe been better instead of being used as staff shuttle).
30/31: 20473, 20923, 35248 and i think 35247.
31A: 15683 and 15684.
48 (extended diversion: Workington - Seaton - Dunmail Park - Northside): 52628 (on 13:25 from bus station).
Moorclose 51 was in the hands of 16733, but thats down to Solo's being Solo's rather than the roadworks diversion, as was short 302.

By my reckoning, the only single decker not out was 22609, which is in paintshops at Carlisle. Been a long time since that last happened, and I imagine it'll be a while until it happens again.

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
With the road closure in Workington this weekend, as expected, its chucking out a few "odd" allocations due to the low bridge on diverted route.
300/302: 22599, 22608, 22610 and 27766.
Short 302: 16734 (300 branded 15686 would have maybe been better instead of being used as staff shuttle).
30/31: 20473, 20923, 35248 and i think 35247.
31A: 15683 and 15684.
48 (extended diversion: Workington - Seaton - Dunmail Park - Northside): 52628 (on 13:25 from bus station).
Moorclose 51 was in the hands of 16733, but thats down to Solo's being Solo's rather than the roadworks diversion, as was short 302.

By my reckoning, the only single decker not out was 22609, which is in paintshops at Carlisle. Been a long time since that last happened, and I imagine it'll be a while until it happens again.

It may have been all over the place, but it shows that Lillyhall can get all MAN's healthy enough for a full days work when they need to and knew the roadworks were coming up - hopefully the reason and/or maybe just coincidence! :lol:

Would have been nice to see the Scania's doing extra X5's instead of Darts, then the Darts could have went on their usual 31A's. Can't have everything I suppose!

Last edited:

Solway View

Reays are saying they're winning the battle. Are they, and who will win, operator wise?

Don't know what you mean Robert, Where did you hear they where winning the battle !!

Sol
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have been told a large operator are ready to jump on board with Reays and they have 2 new Enviro's on the way followed by 10 more MCV's.

Solway View

cainebj

Established Member
My apologies i will sort that and change it but on another note have you had permission off all the drivers to post there photo's on a public website??

People in glass houses should not throw stones :D

Sol

No permission required under UK Photography Law, they are driving in a public place and I was stood in a public place. There is no invasion of privacy as the subject of the photograph is clearly not the driver, or any pedestrians who may end up in the pictures.
Where it is possible to do so, I do attempt to take the photograph so the driver cannot be identified, however the lack of drivers assault screens on Cityhopper buses do not make it easy.

On a brighter note though, thankyou for changing your display picture.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
if there going to win a bit of customer service wouldnt go a miss - I live in Scotland and am as my name suggests visually impaired. My last visit to Carlisle saw me attempting to catch a reays bus and when it got to me the driver stopped he yelled that his ticket machine wasnt working so my consession card wouldnt work therefore I couldnt travel.
The point of saying im from north of the border was that I dont hold an English card and actually had coins in my hand but when I tried to explain this he shut up and drove off meaning I missed my train!

Upon complaining to the office it couldnt be clearer they dont give a f**k about consession holders or the odd fare paying disabled passenger and they certainly woant be getting any custom from me in future. Sorry its a bit O/T but in a sense its not as I'd hate Stagecoach to quit or worse for the tender for some runs to go to this bunch of loozers.

Dallamlad

Established Member
if there going to win a bit of customer service wouldnt go a miss - I live in Scotland and am as my name suggests visually impaired. My last visit to Carlisle saw me attempting to catch a reays bus and when it got to me the driver stopped he yelled that his ticket machine wasnt working so my consession card wouldnt work therefore I couldnt travel.
The point of saying im from north of the border was that I dont hold an English card and actually had coins in my hand but when I tried to explain this he shut up and drove off meaning I missed my train!

Upon complaining to the office it couldnt be clearer they dont give a f**k about consession holders or the odd fare paying disabled passenger and they certainly woant be getting any custom from me in future. Sorry its a bit O/T but in a sense its not as I'd hate Stagecoach to quit or worse for the tender for some runs to go to this bunch of loozers.

I can't see SC quitting anytime soon. The company tactic when it comes's to competition is cut fares and throw money at the area. If anything Reays are doing the people of Carlisle a favour in that SC will be stepping up their game and concentrating on providing a better and more affordable service!

Solway View

Sorry to hear of your bad experience but it does not ring true of a city hopper driver !! Reays pride them selves on customer service and replying to complaints so its a strange one.:o

Sol

Blindtraveler

Established Member
agreed to a point Dallamlad, but how long is it (maybe a Cumbrian can confirm) til SC 's council contracts for some runs come up and these clouns outbid them? its a bit concerning, given what we know already about the owners, urm, success rate with other business ventures.

As to chucking money about well Im sure the current batch of darts would be welcomed elsewhere if they were to chuck out a load of new inviro 2 or 300s. What do others think they could/should/shouldnt be doing?
Ticket prices are certainly good, making the already cheep (compared to Edinburgh( taxi fares seam amazingly high.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry to hear of your bad experience but it does not ring true of a city hopper driver !! Reays pride them selves on customer service and replying to complaints so its a strange one.:o

Sol

out of interest and theres absolutely no annimositty on my part but do you by any chance work for them? Purely curious and if so it will be interesting to have you round esp if the border gateway bus war really hots up.

Dallamlad

Established Member
agreed to a point mate, but how long is it (maybe a Cumbrian can confirm) til SC 's council contracts for some runs come up and these clouns outbid them? its a bit concerning, given what we know already about the owners, urm, success rate with other business ventures.

As to chucking money about well Im sure the current batch of darts would be welcomed elsewhere if they were to chuck out a load of new inviro 2 or 300s. What do others think they could/should/shouldnt be doing?
Ticket prices are certainly good, making the already cheep (compared to Edinburgh( taxi fares seam amazingly high.

Indeed the obvious line of investment would be a huge batch of E200s to see of the darts. I imagine this is what SC would look at if Reays or any other operator posed any real threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.