• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West - Fleet News & Discussion

TheWalrus

Established Member
Upcoming service changes:

Stroud:

• New service 62 Stonehouse-Stroud-Gloucester. Follows current 66 route from Stonehouse-Stroud and runs the quick way to Gloucester (not via Whiteshill) from Stroud. Hourly, timings are very tight…

• Service 63 will now run hourly instead of every 30 minutes due to “low patronage”. No route changes.

• Service 64 remains every 30 minutes with a slightly revised timetable. No route changes.

• Service 66 withdrawn between Stonehouse-Stroud; replaced by 62. Service will continue to run Stroud-Painswick-Cheltenham but now via Upton St Leonard’s, Abbeydale and Brockworth. Hourly, moved to Cheltenham depot.

• Service 67 will run at a reduced frequency between Bussage-Stroud hourly. Evening trips withdrawn, no Sunday service. Remains every 30 minutes Cashes Green-Stroud.

• Service 166 (new) runs at school times and Sundays only operating as a infrequency School/Sunday service between Cheltenham-Stroud.

Tewkesbury (subject to change)

• Service 41 will now run every 30 minutes instead of every 20 minutes

• Service 71 will now run every 30 minutes instead of hourly, and will run to Northway, providing a service every 15 minutes around Northway to either Stroud or Gloucester.

• Minor alterations to service T timetable

Changes effective 19th February 2022. More information for Stroud on the Stagecoach website, whilst Tewkesbury changes should be published fairly soon

Mod note: please remember to post a link to your source
Not sure about low patronage on 63 it’s usually reasonably well loaded. 62, 66 and 67 probably going to be a bit tight on time but only time will tell.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

Does anybody know if 19186 has transferred to Stagecoach North Bristol Depot as it has been tracking on school service 460 and service 12?

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Very annoying about the 63. If loadings are lower it must be in large part a response to how unreliable it has become because of frequent cancellations, etc, during the period of driver shortages.

LordCreed

• New service 62 Stonehouse-Stroud-Gloucester. Follows current 66 route from Stonehouse-Stroud and runs the quick way to Gloucester (not via Whiteshill) from Stroud. Hourly, timings are very tight…

• Service 63 will now run hourly instead of every 30 minutes due to “low patronage”. No route changes.

Whilst Stroud - Gloucester maintains the same frequency, the reduced service to Forest Green will cause problems on match days.

banjo125

Does anybody know if 19186 has transferred to Stagecoach North Bristol Depot as it has been tracking on school service 460 and service 12?
That would appear to be the case, I think a Cirencester College route transfered from Stroud to North Bristol this month, this possibly stabalises the PVR as a result.

RELL6L

Upcoming service changes:

Stroud:

• Service 64 remains every 30 minutes with a slightly revised timetable. No route changes.

• Service 66 withdrawn between Stonehouse-Stroud; replaced by 62. Service will continue to run Stroud-Painswick-Cheltenham but now via Upton St Leonard’s, Abbeydale and Brockworth. Hourly, moved to Cheltenham depot.

• Service 67 will run at a reduced frequency between Bussage-Stroud hourly. Evening trips withdrawn, no Sunday service. Remains every 30 minutes Cashes Green-Stroud.

• Service 166 (new) runs at school times and Sundays only operating as a infrequency School/Sunday service between Cheltenham-Stroud.

Tewkesbury (subject to change)

• Service 41 will now run every 30 minutes instead of every 20 minutes

• Service 71 will now run every 30 minutes instead of hourly, and will run to Northway, providing a service every 15 minutes around Northway to either Stroud or Gloucester.

• Minor alterations to service T timetable

Changes effective 19th February 2022. More information for Stroud on the Stagecoach website, whilst Tewkesbury changes should be published fairly soon

Mod note: please remember to post a link to your source
I am surprised at the reduction in the 63 between Stroud and Nailsworth / Forest Green, this seemed to be a well-patronised section of route. The 62, providing a faster route to Gloucester on alternate journeys, seems a good idea. I am also surprised at the rerouting of the 66, this seems a much longer way round and I'm not sure of the purpose of it - maybe Upton St Leonards to Cheltenham and also perhaps Stroud / Cheltenham to Gloucester Business Park? It seems to add 7-10 minutes to the journey, not sure how much that will put off through passengers. It would appear that one board on the 66 is transferred to Cheltenham but clearly there is some interworking as there are an odd number of journeys and the board which starts at one end finishes at the other - perfectly reasonable for a bus but not for drivers! I think the service to Bussage may only have been hourly not so long ago anyway - presume the area has been gentrified somewhat as going back a long way it was trunk service, at least as far as Chalford, I remember Lodekkas on it!

GoneSouth

The complete shambles of a service over the past year has certainly contributed to people moving away from buses. Add into the mix the constant tinkering with times, renumbering, rerouting, withdrawal of services leading to increased expense for passengers having to use multiple operators… it’s just such a mess and utterly depressing for anyone who relies on buses for anything.

Obviously anyone who has a choice has cleared off into their cars by now leaving the operator with more reason to mess about with services, confuse customers and generally run the transport network into the ground. Happy new year Stagecoach passengers !

Callum15632

That would appear to be the case, I think a Cirencester College route transfered from Stroud to North Bristol this month, this possibly stabalises the PVR as a result.
Do you know why the C60 Cirencester College service route has transferred to North Bristol from Stroud please? And can you or anyone else tell me why 19186 has transferred as I saw it on the 11 earlier and found out it was real? Also does anybody know if 15736 has transferred to Swindon early this morning? And can double Deckers operate on the 40/42 calne services? Or is it a ticket machine swap?

Last edited:

TheWalrus

Established Member
Do you know why the C60 Cirencester College service route has transferred to North Bristol from Stroud please? And can you or anyone else tell me why 19186 has transferred as I saw it on the 11 earlier and found out it was real? Also does anybody know if 15736 has transferred to Swindon early this morning? And can double Deckers operate on the 40/42 calne services? Or is it a ticket machine swap?
The C60 transferred to Bristol to ease the pressure on driver numbers in Stroud. 19186 transferred as Bristol needed an extra vehicle and Stroud now need one less.
Double deckers do not operate the Calne services, these really have to be the short E200s. I thought 15736 was a Swindon vehicle anyway, or is it Gloucester’s?

Callum15632

The C60 transferred to Bristol to ease the pressure on driver numbers in Stroud. 19186 transferred as Bristol needed an extra vehicle and Stroud now need one less.
Double deckers do not operate the Calne services, these really have to be the short E200s. I thought 15736 was a Swindon vehicle anyway, or is it Gloucester’s?
No 15736 is Bristol's, it transferred from Swindon ages ago.

Snow1964

Established Member
Surprised to see a Stagecoach dart SLF on driver training in Bradford-on-Avon today at about 11:30. Had at least 5 staff on it

Stagecoach buses not normally seen any nearer than Chippenham (nearly 10 miles away). No idea why training in Bradford-on-Avon is happening.

Couldn't see fleet number of bus, sorry.

83G/84D

Established Member
Surprised to see a Stagecoach dart SLF on driver training in Bradford-on-Avon today at about 11:30. Had at least 5 staff on it

Stagecoach buses not normally seen any nearer than Chippenham (nearly 10 miles away). No idea why training in Bradford-on-Avon is happening.

First training buses in Cornwall often go to places they do not visit with service buses so not unheard of. I have not seen Stagecoach South West training buses in Cornwall though!

TheWalrus

Established Member

Could have been 34817?
Isn’t Trowbridge closer to Bradford than Chippenham?

DaveHarries

Established Member
I gather it isn't going to be confirmed for probably at least another month but I have heard rumours that the recent WECA (West of England Combined Authority) tendering has seen Stagecoach pick up at least 3 routes in Bristol. I will keep my eyes open for the registrations though and those will be telling.

Dave

matt_splat

I gather it isn't going to be confirmed for probably at least another month but I have heard rumours that the recent WECA (West of England Combined Authority) tendering has seen Stagecoach pick up at least 3 routes in Bristol. I will keep my eyes open for the registrations though and those will be telling.

Dave
Brislington and portway Park and Rides 47 between Emersons Green and 505

DaveHarries

Established Member
Brislington and portway Park and Rides 47 between Emersons Green and 505
I had heard about the P&R routes and the 505 but thought the 47 was a FirstGroup commercial route (Bristol - Yate)? Also I wonder if anything has been specified about what vehicles are to be used on the P&R routes: I remember that First got new vehicles for them ('66' plate E400 MMC).

Dave

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
I also do wonder if the new vehicles for the Park & Rides will be dual door just like the current MMCs are, or whether they'll use Stagecoach's standard single door double deckers. And I wonder what will happen to 33931-33942 when the P&R routes go to Stagecoach?

DaveHarries

Established Member
I also do wonder if the new vehicles for the Park & Rides will be dual door just like the current MMCs are, or whether they'll use Stagecoach's standard single door double deckers. And I wonder what will happen to 33931-33942 when the P&R routes go to Stagecoach?
And also, perhaps, whether they might end up diverting some vehicles from another order to serve those P&R routes if new vehicles (rather, perhaps, than vehicles no older than "x" years to be used) is what is specified. I think the current FirstGroup MMCs were new when the contract was retendered on a previous occasion and I should think that First will retain them to see off the remaining Wright / Volvos on other routes. It will be interesting to see.

Dave

Parebunks

Yet more changes in Oxford from 5th March:
  • 2/2A diverting into Oxford Parkway, replacing the 7
  • 7 merged with 233 between Witney and Woodstock, running Oxford-Parkway-Woodstock-Witney twice an hour, including evenings and Sundays, as S7
  • Leftover 233 retained Witney-Burford, but direct route avoiding Carterton renumbered 234
  • S5 Bicester route tweaked, reduced to three an hour
  • S3 slightly modified to replace 7 beyond Woodstock
  • Coordinated 12 buses per hour up Banbury Road

padbus

Yet more changes in Oxford from 5th March:
  • 2/2A diverting into Oxford Parkway, replacing the 7
  • 7 merged with 233 between Witney and Woodstock, running Oxford-Parkway-Woodstock-Witney twice an hour, including evenings and Sundays, as S7
  • Leftover 233 retained Witney-Burford, but direct route avoiding Carterton renumbered 234
  • S5 Bicester route tweaked, reduced to three an hour
  • S3 slightly modified to replace 7 beyond Woodstock
  • Coordinated 12 buses per hour up Banbury Road
Will the new S7 be run by double deckers?

-Colly405-

Focussing on North Bristol, I see on VOSA yesterday that they hav submitted updated registrations for the 3X, 10, 11, 12, 13, 85, 86 and 462 from 2nd April. Mainly puntuality changes but the 10 is cancelled north of Bristol Parkway. Considering the current consultation on improving sustainable travel between Thornbury and Bradley Stoke, is this a change of operator or heaven forbid is it part of the great DRT move?

DaveHarries

Established Member
Focussing on North Bristol, I see on VOSA yesterday that they hav submitted updated registrations for the 3X, 10, 11, 12, 13, 85, 86 and 462 from 2nd April. Mainly puntuality changes but the 10 is cancelled north of Bristol Parkway. Considering the current consultation on improving sustainable travel between Thornbury and Bradley Stoke, is this a change of operator or heaven forbid is it part of the great DRT move?
What link did you use to look at the registrations? The address I have is https://www.vehicle-operator-licens...ch/find-registered-local-bus-services/browse/ but if I access that it keeps saying that the site is offline for maintenance: it has been telling me that for, I think, at least 12 days.

Dave

Stan Drews

Established Member

DaveHarries

Established Member
It works perfectly fine for me, so looks like the issue may be at your end?
Something in my Cookies then perhaps but I don't know where my PC is storing the cookies for each site. The browser is Google Chrome but you can't clear the browsing data for each site individually on that.

Dave

Callum15632

Does anybody know who has taken over the 12 as it says Faresaver but they have said that they aren't taking it over? Are Stagecoach Keeping the 12 or is it going to someone else? If anybody knows this will be helpful. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

DaveHarries

Established Member
An interesting snippet from the TravelineSW website regarding the Brislington and A4 Portway Park & Ride routes for when Stagecoach take them over:

Traveline South West said:
Service will be operated by Stagecoach. Bristol P&R services combined into a cross-city route.

and further, under the entries for the respective services on that page:

Traveline South West said:
The service will be operated by Stagecoach West from 2nd April 2023. Service will be renumbered as route 9.

Source for both quotes: https://travelwest.info/bus/bus-service-changes/

I seem to recall that there were two P&R routes, not operated by Stagecoach, which ran in Gloucester as a cross-city route. The new timetables for this Service 9 are not yet on TravelineSW or Travelwest but given the potential journey times I wonder what the PVR is likely to be.

Dave

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Does anybody know who has taken over the 12 as it says Faresaver but they have said that they aren't taking it over? Are Stagecoach Keeping the 12 or is it going to someone else? If anybody knows this will be helpful. Thanks in Advance.
Clearly different 12s ;)
An interesting snippet from the TravelineSW website regarding the Brislington and A4 Portway Park & Ride routes for when Stagecoach take them over:

and further, under the entries for the respective services on that page:

Source for both quotes: https://travelwest.info/bus/bus-service-changes/

I seem to recall that there were two P&R routes, not operated by Stagecoach, which ran in Gloucester as a cross-city route. The new timetables for this Service 9 are not yet on TravelineSW or Travelwest but given the potential journey times I wonder what the PVR is likely to be.

Dave

Oxford also has two Park & Ride routes, the 300 and 400, which run cross city
Not really sure of the relevance of Oxford except that it's another cross-city P&R, like Truro.

Of more significance is that the route is being linked and then simply numbered "9". Unless there's some bespoke livery, that makes it sound like any other city bus service, much as in places like Salisbury. More problematic is the Bristol traffic - we've seen a number of routes disconnected (like the 3/4 being separated from the 42/43) as reliability is appalling, and I'm not certain that there's any great untapped cross-city flow that's being catered for. It's a bit odd TBH

Also, you wonder what will happen with the Portway service once the train station opens?

DaveHarries

Established Member
Also, you wonder what will happen with the Portway service once the train station opens?
Good point but I think the train will still be a traffic-puller (pun intended) because it won't get stuck in traffic around town so it will be quicker and probably cheaper.

Dave