• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_splat

i wonder if stagecoach would be interested in the bristol airport A1 contract that i beleve is up for renewal next year

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Looks as if Stagecoach West (Cheltenham & Gloucester) have some changes coming up to their Swindon services. The following registrations appeared among those for the Western Traffic Area on 13-Sep-2016 to be effective 06-Nov-2016:

Changes:
9 Swindon - Wroughton (Route and Timetable)
80 Marlborough - Ludgershall (Route & Timetable)
80 Swindon - Marlborough (Route & Timetable: addition of Service 81) (wef 07-Nov-2016)

Withdrawn:
6 Kingsdown - Bus Station
71 Swindon - Thorney Park

New Registrations:
4 Swindon - Tadpole Gardens
10 Freshbrook - Kingsdown (merger of Services 6 and 8: noticeable is that no cancellation was registered for Service 8)

Couldn't find Tadpole Gardens on Google Earth so ran an internet search for it: Tadpole Gardens (aka. Tadpole Garden Village) is a new housing development up by the Redhouse part of Swindon, covering what was green land between Millgrove Street and Tadpole Lane. Postcode, according to the development's website, is SN25 2PP.

HTIOI,
Dave

Last edited:
Lateat from Cheltenham and Gloucester

15524 now at Avonmouth I believe

15521-27 will be moving to Gloucester for the 97/98 in November
15528-32 will be moving to Stroud.

ADL E300's to be confirmed in next few weeks.

Confirmed MMC's for Cheltenham Gold 94 are 10749-60

embers25

Established Member
I notice that Falcon is no longer part of megabus from October 14. Does this mean Falcon is being cancelled from then or is it a timetable change or just that Falcon is doing well enough to stand alone? I am hoping the latter.

Also the Stagecoach website has a completely unpublicised timetable chenge from last week (posted today!) with some significant changes https://tis-kml-stagecoach.s3.amazonaws.com/PdfTimetables/XDAFLCN0.pdf

Bizarrely the overnight journeys change on Friday and Saturday to a much better time for flights by arriving at 0315 but then remain at 0415 Su-Th

Although the link https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s...les/South West/falcon web revised Sept 16.pdf has a completely different new timetable and the earlier link is the one from the timetable section!

Last edited:

Temple Meads

Established Member
I notice that Falcon is no longer part of megabus from October 14. Does this mean Falcon is being cancelled from then or is it a timetable change or just that Falcon is doing well enough to stand alone? I am hoping the latter.!

Has there been an announcement to this effect, or are you saying that because no Falcon trips appear on the Megabus site past the 13th of October?

Falcon journeys have never appeared on Megabus more than about a month ahead.

embers25

Established Member
Has there been an announcement to this effect, or are you saying that because no Falcon trips appear on the Megabus site past the 13th of October?

Falcon journeys have never appeared on Megabus more than about a month ahead.

I'm not sure which is why I asked. I see also that Megabus are switching from Penzance to Falmouth which I think makes sense.

richw

Veteran Member
I'm not sure which is why I asked. I see also that Megabus are switching from Penzance to Falmouth which I think makes sense.

Makes sense to try something different,when I was living in Redruth and used regularly, it often arrived empty in Redruth and left empty from Redruth on the down. Redruth seemed to have good numbers, so it's no surprise it's going the indirect route of Falmouth, Redruth, Newquay and onwards, with a new stop added at Cornwall services as well.

Temple Meads

Established Member
I think switching Megabus to Falmouth is a good move, lots of potential student traffic who should appreciate the good value fares, and not having to change as they would on the train.

sciisfun

Not long now till the Exeter Depot move, this weekend is the last weekend before we have to be out by the 30th ready for the development handover, will be interesting, as I saw them pouring concrete today!

sciisfun

Blimey, is Matford already finished then?

no, we will be working around the builders, car park isn't due to be fully completed until November(?) we're currently taking bets on which bus gets left in some recently poured concrete and leaves nice dart/E400 sized holes in the floor!

83G/84D

Established Member
Can anyone advise what routes the latest batch of E400 MMC's delivered to Stagecoach South West are for?

sciisfun

are the e400's going on the 1? there's a new Dennis (don't know the model) (fleet 10xxx) that is meant to be going on the 1. Looks like them from up in london, very fancy (blue and orange) leather seats, and talks of more possibly coming soon if all goes well
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
as for the strike, the drivers I've been chatting with today are neither here nor there with the move, more miffed at the fact that the rotas have been messed up! midnight finish Sunday, and 5.30 am start monday for example
bit more research and it looks like they are e400's after all, just don't look anything like the ones i'm used to!

TheWalrus

Established Member
are the e400's going on the 1? there's a new Dennis (don't know the model) (fleet 10xxx) that is meant to be going on the 1. Looks like them from up in london, very fancy (blue and orange) leather seats, and talks of more possibly coming soon if all goes well
as for the strike, the drivers I've been chatting with today are neither here nor there with the move, more miffed at the fact that the rotas have been messed up! midnight finish Sunday, and 5.30 am start monday for example
bit more research and it looks like they are e400's after all, just don't look anything like the ones i'm used to!

It would be illegal to work until midnight then in again at 0530 the following morning so can't do it!

Temple Meads

Established Member
It would be illegal to work until midnight then in again at 0530 the following morning so can't do it!

Might be finish midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning, day off Sunday then in at 0530 on Monday morning, not illegal then but would be a pain to arrange your sleeping pattern around.

richw

Veteran Member
Might be finish midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning, day off Sunday then in at 0530 on Monday morning, not illegal then but would be a pain to arrange your sleeping pattern around.

I used to do a similar shift pattern at a certain fast food restaurant about 10 years back, although having full day off, I'd probably not go sleep until 3-4am Sunday morning, then find it hard to get to sleep before the same time Sunday night Monday morning, and time I got to sleep I had only 1 hour sleep before getting up, sometimes I couldn't get to sleep at all. Definitely not appropriate or safe for driving.

sciisfun

it was the one with 5 1/2 hours between the shifts, more down to a genuine restoring error than anything else! Bus was was commissioned today with 10688 (one of the brand new ones) being the Guinea pig. Had my first look inside today, and its massive inside! enough space for 30 buses I reckon, once everything has been finished of course.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Lateat from Cheltenham and Gloucester

15524 now at Avonmouth I believe

15521-27 will be moving to Gloucester for the 97/98 in November
15528-32 will be moving to Stroud.

ADL E300's to be confirmed in next few weeks.

Confirmed MMC's for Cheltenham Gold 94 are 10749-60

15524 in Avonmouth bodyshop - rubbed down for repaint

swifty

Established Member
Who at Avonmouth does all this repainting / refurbing? Not Wessex, surely?

Don't be silly, you've surely seen the state of their own fleet?

There are a number of commercial body shops down that way, I'm sure TGW will confirm which?

sciisfun

Couldn't see any scratches, but 10690 was unfit this morning, and is currently over the pits, not a great start!

embers25

Established Member
Several 66 plate MMC's on the 1 today along with a couple of normal E400's. Wierd leather seats but much better than the tridents!

sciisfun

Several 66 plate MMC's on the 1 today along with a couple of normal E400's. Wierd leather seats but much better than the tridents!

took me a while to notice they were leather when walking past, first time i've seen the moquette in leather. If I can figure out how to post a picture from flickr ill upload the photos I got from Friday, just before the keys were handed over

Status
Not open for further replies.