• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCreed

The new buses are on the 66 pretty frequently. However today number 10983 is on the 54, however a non gold Enviro 400 (15973) is on the 66.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

goldisgood

The new buses are on the 66 pretty frequently. However today number 10983 is on the 54, however a non gold Enviro 400 (15973) is on the 66.
With the new buses here whilst the old buses have left how can they misallocate a non-gold bus onto the 66? :rolleyes:

goldisgood

Allocations the past couple of weeks has been all over the place, with gold buses on non gold routes and vice versa.
Not just the last couple of weeks - there was talk last year that Oxford could take over the 66 as Stagecoach West kept on sending non-LEZ compliant buses out!

TheWalrus

Established Member
Another of the new buses spotted on the 66 today - I didn't get the number, but I noticed the destination was simply "66 Oxford", with no via points, which isn't normal. Have they been changed in the last week, or is it something to do with the new buses? This was spotted just after Besselsleigh.
Used to say Southmoor Besselsleigh under the Oxford bit.

LordCreed

Exactly - it used to have via points. I may have misread it but I think it said simply 66 Oxford. I'll check back next week and see what they are saying.

Believe they just have "Farringdon for Oxford" on the front, no via points.

The one on the 54 today definitely did not list the usual via points.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know if the 1752 Hereford to Gloucester (number 33)on Saturdays is likely to be a double decker or a single decker please?
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

carlberry

Established Member
Odd stagecoach decker on m5 at j14 today.

Could be for PR for the new services or to help out for 20 days in Bristol.

Marcus Fryer

18314 at Bristol PW this morning, presumably on the 3B, although just showing "Stagecoach" on the display.

-Colly405-

When you say Staff Bus, could that be the 3B?
Unlikely. The vehicle had "Staff Bus" as its destination, and left the station heading through Stoke Gifford at about 0910. The 3B was heading into the station at that time (scheduled arr. 0910, dep. 0915) in the hands of 27778.

I was surprised though, as I wouldn't have thought that 18312 can fit under Gipsy Patch bridge to act as a staff shuttle.

carlberry

Established Member
Unlikely. The vehicle had "Staff Bus" as its destination, and left the station heading through Stoke Gifford at about 0910. The 3B was heading into the station at that time (scheduled arr. 0910, dep. 0915) in the hands of 27778.

I was surprised though, as I wouldn't have thought that 18312 can fit under Gipsy Patch bridge to act as a staff shuttle.
It'll be a good test, especially of the staff who've been used to an 100% single deck allocation so far!

Marcus Fryer

I saw 18314 doing the same thing yesterday at about 9:00; it had "Stagecoach"on the front. I thought it was probably the 08:45 3B running late; the driver seeming to have problems with issuing a ticket to one passenger; isn't the 3B run as a contract to Aztec West which means some passengers have staff passes, although it will take fare-paying passengers as well? Are the double deckers on loan from Stroud or a permanent transfer?

carlberry

Established Member
I saw 18314 doing the same thing yesterday at about 9:00; it had "Stagecoach"on the front. I thought it was probably the 08:45 3B running late; the driver seeming to have problems with issuing a ticket to one passenger; isn't the 3B run as a contract to Aztec West which means some passengers have staff passes, although it will take fare-paying passengers as well? Are the double deckers on loan from Stroud or a permanent transfer?
The deckers were at Stroud to replace some Gold single deckers with engine issues so, given the recent arrival of the ex Merseyside single deckers, they're likely to be spare again.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The deckers were at Stroud to replace some Gold single deckers with engine issues so, given the recent arrival of the ex Merseyside single deckers, they're likely to be spare again.

Seem to recall that those Tridents have been at Stroud for some years - they were the workhorses on the old 46/93 routes. With the ex Murkeyside e300s arriving, I guess that they are now spare though whilst the Wessex fleet is audited. I'd imagine that they will go over the e200s with a fine toothcomb.... to try and find a straight panel!

carlberry

Established Member
Odd stagecoach decker on m5 at j14 today.

Could be for PR for the new services or to help out for 20 days in Bristol.
Slightly cryptic however I though it might be a surprise that Stagecoach were organising however, clearly not!
The heritage VR (JOU160P) was heading down the M5 near J14 early on Sunday however it clearly hasn't turned up anywhere since.

carlberry

Established Member
Seem to recall that those Tridents have been at Stroud for some years - they were the workhorses on the old 46/93 routes. With the ex Murkeyside e300s arriving, I guess that they are now spare though whilst the Wessex fleet is audited. I'd imagine that they will go over the e200s with a fine toothcomb.... to try and find a straight panel!
They got moved into store a few months ago however went back into service recently when the ex Stagecoach South Gold MANs started proving why Stagecoach South wanted to move them on! I'm sure the latest motors from some geezer on Murkeyside are a much better buy!

Mwanesh

They got moved into store a few months ago however went back into service recently when the ex Stagecoach South Gold MANs started proving why Stagecoach South wanted to move them on! I'm sure the latest motors from some geezer on Murkeyside are a much better buy!
Thise MAN E300s were the worst buses Stagecoach ever bought.The Welsh ones spent more time off the road.They got rid after 3 years.

swifty

Established Member
Slightly cryptic however I though it might be a surprise that Stagecoach were organising however, clearly not!
The heritage VR (JOU160P) was heading down the M5 near J14 early on Sunday however it clearly hasn't turned up anywhere since.

It was in Weston on Sunday on what looked like a private hire.

goldisgood

Saw a few yesterday on a saunter down the A420. They did have via points on the destination.
I saw another today - the destination looked pretty much back to normal. I'd guess it may have been a first day glitch (or my eyes playing up more likely).

TheWalrus

Established Member
I saw another today - the destination looked pretty much back to normal. I'd guess it may have been a first day glitch (or my eyes playing up more likely).
Or there may be multiple destination options for S6 Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.