• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Starting at SWT in 4 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seiryuu

I'm starting at south west trains as a ticket office clerk in 4 weeks, are there any past or present ticket office clerks in the forums? I'd be interested to hear from other members about their experience with the role :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Hi and Congrats on becoming a ticket office clerk! :)

The Colonel and Matt Taylor are two forum members who have done/are doing that role at SWT!

The Colonel

I'm starting at south west trains as a ticket office clerk in 4 weeks, are there any past or present ticket office clerks in the forums? I'd be interested to hear from other members about their experience with the role :)

Welcome to the Forum and to SWT.

I'm midway through my ticket office course - been as Basingstoke for the 2 weeks learning, now have 2 weeks at a station before the final revision session & assessment and last 2 days awareness training. Where will you be based? Anything you want to know feel free to ask either on the forum or via PM.

The Colonel

seiryuu

Hey guys,
I'm looking forward to Basingstoke training and picking up my uniform. I'm going to be based at Kingston after training ;)

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I've worked in Kingston t/o in the past, now you can find me passing through a few times day on a 455!

smoky_bacon

Congratulations and welcome seiryuu. If it's full time CO2 at Kingston then initially I was going to be your competition for it but couldn't make the early shift by train and applied for other positions at the same time so I let this one go ;) Good luck and maybe see you one day!

The Colonel

The Kingston position was mentioned to me in my I/v back in late November, but I preferred the one I was initially offered and actually given. I couldn't have got there by train for an early shift either.

Status
Not open for further replies.