• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Anagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST Power

Established Member
This thread has done well, still going!

I think that anagram is Rhosneigr, but I'm going to wait for confirmation. Open floor if I'm right.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

imagination

Rhosneigr is right.

And why do you keep leaving open floors? It isnt hard to come up with anagrams (and if you really can't then use an online anagram solver) and kind of destroys the fun for people if you dont give stuff yourself.

Established Member
Damn beaten to it
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Okay. Here's one.

MEW

Last edited:

Established Member
Westerton

BEACH
Anyone?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If you check wiki, it seems there is was a Beach station once (not on NR though)...

Bache.

Try DAMSEL FIN.

Established Member
I got Field Mans before that one dawned on me. -- -- Mansfield

NOODLES NO NUT

Established Member
Bekesbourne ;)

FLUKESELL
tum te tumm.....

Eagle

Established Member
Lye's certainly interesting for word games. Not only is it an anagram of another station, it's a homophone of another station (Leigh). Other ones like that are Johnston/Johnstone and Rhoose/Roose. And it's the opposite with Gillingham/Gillingham.

Floor appears to be open so...
OWN UP, WELSH TOASTER

OWN UP, WELSH TOASTER
This is a real GRUBBER (anag - almost!) - you can get NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST out of it, but I haven't got a bleedin' scooby what this is. I don't think it's National Rail. Any chance of a clue...?...please...?...pretty please....?

12CSVT

Established Member
This is a real GRUBBER (anag - almost!) - you can get NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST out of it, but I haven't got a bleedin' scooby what this is. I don't think it's National Rail. Any chance of a clue...?...please...?...pretty please....?

And I spent the best part of an hour the other night trawling through all the station names in the 'bible' and couldn't find it.

Eagle

Established Member
A clue: it's three words, and two punctuation marks (neither of which is a comma, so you can ignore the one in the question).

EDIT: And yes, it is National Rail. And yes, I am using the proper name.

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Newport (South Wales)

open floor.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
WHAT'S CROIPID?

A rubbish one I know, but it was actually quite hard to find one for this particular station.
HINT: there's no punctuation :)

Eagle

Established Member
Whoa, we've got two at once. Being as I didn't solve an anagram when I posted mine, I'll solve Class172's one: it's Droitwich Spa.

(And if you're having trouble finding good words to make an anagram it's not cheating to use an online generator like this one to set a question. It is cheating to use one to find the answer :P)

Still LOATHFUL IN WARM CONK.

Status
Not open for further replies.