• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
I love creativity and people finding the quirky associations (such as the one here from @EbbwJunction1.)

I also acknowledge the concern raised by @RDP and @Xenophon PCDGS that it may not wholly fit with the concept of the game.

Without setting precedent, I’d be happy to continue from either Forres, or Georgemas Junction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LUYMun

Harlech used to be an RETB token-exchange point. Georgemas Junction is also an RETB token-exchange point.
Assuming this was the last valid move...

Abergele & Pensarn was another station that saw Class 37 & coaching stock before DMUs took over the services.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Langadog station, like several others on the line including Llanwrda, has an automated half barrier level crossing at one end (in this case the northern one).

[I understand the concerns raised following my previous post, and am happy with the suggested remedy.]

RDP

Beaulieu Road is another station on the Waterloo-Weymouth line with no ticket issuing facilities although both have permit to travel machines.

RDP

Ashurst New forest was previously known as Lyndhurst Road. Another station to have undergone a name change is Folkestone West previously known as Shorncliffe.

LUYMun

Lympstone Commando was built primarily to serve the nearby army barracks, but the adjoining footpath, the Exe Estuary Trail, allows public visitors to alight there. Similarly, Longcross was opened to serve a nearby military facility-turned-film studio, both inaccessible to the general public, but the development of a nearby housing estate has allowed more passengers to use the station.

RDP

Longcross is five stations towards Staines from Wokingham. Five station towards Guildford from Wokingham is North Camp.

RDP

Teynham is one station east of Sittingbourne while one station west of Sittingbourne is Newington.

LUYMun

A former branch line once existed from Folkestone Central to connect with the ferries at Folkestone Harbour, officially closing in 2014. Another such case could be seen from Tilbury Town, where a triangle branch line deviated to now-closed Tilbury Riverside station.

Last edited:

RDP

A former branch line once existed from Folkestone Central to connect with the ferries at Folkestone Harbour, officially closing in 2014. Another such case could be seen from Tilbury Town, where a triangle branch line deviated to now-closed Tilbury Riverside station.
The branch was from Folkestone East not Folkestone Central.