• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Odd One Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Maesteg Ewenny Road, Roman Bridge, Pembroke (Non-dock variety), Johnston.

Something about the services which call.

gnolife

Established Member
Not what I was particularly thinking of, but you've picked the right station and given a valid reason foor it, so I'll let you have it.

What I actually wanted was that Roman Bridge is the only one not served by 175s.

gnolife

Established Member
Southampton Airport Parkway, Southend Central, Southend Victoria, Southend Airport.

Something about the trains that call at them.

Ivo

Established Member
SOA is DC; the others are AC. Or that it has diesel services when the others don't. Or that it has units of verying lengths and not all 4-car.

gnolife

Established Member
While both reasons for picking Southampton Airport Pkwy are valid, it's not the one I had in mind.

Ivo

Established Member
Assuming the third reason (about unit lengths) is also wrong, SOV because it does not (usually) see post-BR stock, whereas SOA is mostly modern and the other two are entirely modern.

Or SOA because it has InterCity/23m stock. I'm guessing too often :p

Ivo

Established Member
Southampton airport sees diffrent types of rolling stock, the others don't.

See, strictly speaking, this isn't true - hence my not suggesting this previously.

SOA sees a large number of different classes (at least five), yes - but SIA and SOV also see variety*. Only SOC does not.

* Granted, it's not much, but there are some 315 journeys on the SOV route!

gnolife

Established Member
See, strictly speaking, this isn't true - hence my not suggesting this previously.

SOA sees a large number of different classes (at least five), yes - but SIA and SOV also see variety*. Only SOC does not.

* Granted, it's not much, but there are some 315 journeys on the SOV route!

That took longer than I was expecting.

Ivo

Established Member
Probably because there are so many different solutions, most of which point to SOA ;) I'm sorry to say that I think it's a weakness of the game - there are very few difficult examples that have only one solution.

Let's try this one...

Ipswich, Pitsea, Upminster, Wickford (nothing to do with train operation or anything that affects train operation)

Robinson

Ipswich is the only one which is identically named to a different railway station elsewhere in the world. (Ipswich is also a station on Brisbane's Citytrain network; the closest similarity any of the others have is Wickford, to Wickford Junction on the MBTA system in the U.S.)

Ivo

Established Member
Both good responses, although neither is the one I thought of. Once someone gets the one I hoped for, or both of the remaining stations are mentioned, the floor will be available to whoever wants it (so if this means Eagle because he got one in first, then the floor is his).

Trainfan344

Established Member
Probably because there are so many different solutions, most of which point to SOA ;) I'm sorry to say that I think it's a weakness of the game - there are very few difficult examples that have only one solution.

Let's try this one...

Ipswich, Pitsea, Upminster, Wickford (nothing to do with train operation or anything that affects train operation)

Ipswich only one to have a tunnel directly at the end of the platform...

Trainfan344

Established Member
Ipswich only one not in essex?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Pitsea doesn't have services to any of the other ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.