• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stations with excellent facilities....not provided by the station, but adjacent businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
My 'go to' place for breakfast when I'm out and about for a sausage, bacon and omelette barm (or bap, cob etc depending on where you're from :lol:)

Seconded - the pasties are rubbish but their various brekky options are very good.
You are both entitled to your opinions, however wrong they may be... ;)

Personally I'd walk past three Greggs to find somewhere better... and because they open on every corner, I often do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Corriman

Sadly, I look more like her dad! :lol:
Liverpool Central station, turn left as you exit and you're on Bold Street. Take you choice of the plethora of Restaurants, takeaways and bars.
Birmingham New Street, big independent food hall.

Djgr

Established Member
Liverpool Central station, turn left as you exit and you're on Bold Street. Take you choice of the plethora of Restaurants, takeaways and bars.
Birmingham New Street, big independent food hall.
To be fair, true of all the Liverpool stations

Djgr

Established Member
I would say less so of Moorfields and James St - there is very little immediately adjacent to these two and it's a bit like the City of London in it being aimed at office workers so a bit sparse out of hours.
You might think so but Castle Street by the Town Hall and by James Street and Moorfields has been turned into a massive outside pedestrianised dining area. (see picture)

Attachments

• Helen-Croft-Castle-Street.jpg
    Helen-Croft-Castle-Street.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 23

Skie

Castle street has a real buzz about it. But across the road from James Streets rear entrance there is a great argentine steak house amusingly called ‘Meet’ and Silk Road, another fab restaurant.

Though most cities with underground stations will have decent eateries around the corner - depends how close to the entrance the OP is allowing :)

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Yeah, where's the independent food hall by New St?
Perhaps it's a bit of a definitional thing but there are plenty of eateries just up the escalators from the main concourse (in Grand Central), catering for a range of tastes.

(I normally just grab a sandwich or cake at Tesco Metro, also on the upper level.)

paul1609

Established Member
Twenty odd years ago the owner of that station told me a rather amusing anecdote.
A Tax Inspector arrived at the station on the last train intent of seeing the books.
After a satisfactory discussion the Inspector asked the owner to ring for a taxi to take him back to Crianlarich ....
Strange as it may seem the Fort William taxi firm will send a taxi to Corrour. A lot of the guests at the hotel at the other end of Loch Ossian arrive by taxi.

Llandudno

Established Member
Wow, that's changed more than a bit since I was last there! Cool - it looks very Paris!
Indeed, most of Liverpool City Centre is totally unrecognisable from when I lived there until the late 1980s!

The entertainment, leisure and shopping experience is amongst the best in the country!

And the football team is not too shabby either, and wait until Everton’s stunning new stadium on the waterfront is complete!

Ianno87

Veteran Member
And the football team is not too shabby either, and wait until Everton’s stunning new stadium on the waterfront is complete!

Shame it (and other developments) have cost the waterfront it's UNESCO world heritage status...

Status
Not open for further replies.