• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Light Engine Movements at Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Poole

Tomorrow i'm heading to Crewe becuase there 3 different light engine movements, 6233, 44871 and an Class 33! they stopping at Crewe for an hour before heading to their locations, just wondering which platforms they most likey to be on when they at Crewe Station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edward111

what time is the class 33, i live at crewe and it would be good to see this. Platform 6 would proberly be the best.

TDK

Established Member
Tomorrow i'm heading to Crewe becuase there 3 different light engine movements, 6233, 44871 and an Class 33! they stopping at Crewe for an hour before heading to their locations, just wondering which platforms they most likey to be on when they at Crewe Station?

If coming from the heritage the only platforms/lines they can access is 12, 11, 10, 9, 6 or the loop, I would predict platform 12 myself.

Dreadnought

The 33 is actually bringing stock from Carnforth for The Cambrian steam services and at Crewe will then pick up the Black 5 44871 before the whole ensemble heads off to Machynlleth.

Times are on UKSteam, although I have attached links here as well.

Times for 33 / 44871 http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t10/t0723p.htm.

Times for Duchess http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t10/t0723q.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.