• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Summer Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Nooooooo! London-Faversham is back upto £12.49, just as I was about to buy it. :x

EDIT: Oh sod it, the anger has fuelled me to make a purchase anyway! So now I've got that, WCML and Bristol-Exeter.

The 80% off was in fact a bug. Steam gave the wrong discount so all of those who got it at 80% are lucky!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Unlucky. I had to watch that and Football manager 2013 go back up to standard sale price whilst still on hols in Spain. Back now, think I'm going to take the plunge and finally go for WCML North. My computer meets the requirements, and can happily do all routes smoothly in standard mode, so technically it *should* work ok...

I missed out on FM13 at knock down price too, was too busy buying Rail Sim DLC. Will have to stick with FM12 for the time being, though it's worryingly close to overtaking RS as my most played game!

Did pick up one of my all time favourites - Just Cause 2, for £3.33 including all DLC. Had it on Xbox but wanted the PC version for all the crazy mods. Who can say no at that price for one of the most beautiful games ever made? Just a shame about the terrible plot, but if you ignore that and just blow stuff up and parachute/grapple about it's awesome fun!

chris89

Established Member
I missed out on FM13 at knock down price too, was too busy buying Rail Sim DLC. Will have to stick with FM12 for the time being, though it's worryingly close to overtaking RS as my most played game!

Did pick up one of my all time favourites - Just Cause 2, for £3.33 including all DLC. Had it on Xbox but wanted the PC version for all the crazy mods. Who can say no at that price for one of the most beautiful games ever made? Just a shame about the terrible plot, but if you ignore that and just blow stuff up and parachute/grapple about it's awesome fun!

Keep a eye on flash deals/ daily deals/ vote deals. FM13 will come again.

JC2 is one of the best games i have played and is brilliant fun, Also a Multiplayer mod in the making.

Just brought my first item for the sale and not even for me :P Borderlands 2 Season pass for a friend. As gave him a BL2 key when i brought the bundle that included it on Greenman gaming sale.

Also before sale got Community Weapon pack 2 for Killing floor, for friend + girlfriend as well.

I just want Metro: Last light to go more then 20% off atm.

Chris

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
JC2 is one of the best games i have played and is brilliant fun, Also a Multiplayer mod in the making.

The multiplayer mod is a big reason for picking up JC2 - having watched some YouTube videos it seems like absolute madness, so is bound to be fun. :)

ModernRailways

Established Member
The multiplayer mod is a big reason for picking up JC2 - having watched some YouTube videos it seems like absolute madness, so is bound to be fun. :)

You should will have fun with it alone, but the Multiplayer mod just adds so much to it! One of my favourite mods (when it's online) of all my games!

chris89

Established Member
You should will have fun with it alone, but the Multiplayer mod just adds so much to it! One of my favourite mods (when it's online) of all my games!

I agree :P

Anyway just got myself Metro: Last Light (Finally more of a price i would pay) as on flash deal. Got Age of Empires 2 HD gifted to me as well from a friend.

Also anyone who has got Killing Floor i do have a server up for it as well.

Chris

phil8715

Nooooooo! London-Faversham is back upto £12.49, just as I was about to buy it. :x

EDIT: Oh sod it, the anger has fuelled me to make a purchase anyway! So now I've got that, WCML and Bristol-Exeter.

Oh dear that was unfortunate. Lucky I got it for £4.99 then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Crossover

Established Member
The 80% off was in fact a bug. Steam gave the wrong discount so all of those who got it at 80% are lucky!

Ah rats! Oh well, I have still gone for it, as it looks a good route even for £12.49...plus I have got Portal 2 on the daily offers at 75% off too, so not all bad!

phil8715

The best value I think is Settle Carlisle add on, £12.49 for 13 scenarios and quite a lot traction.

Might buy it next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The best value I think is Settle Carlisle add on, £12.49 for 13 scenarios and quite a lot traction.

I picked this route up earlier in the year, outside of the sales, and it's worth the full price - so if you can get it for less than that it's a bargain. It's great to get both the 158 and 66, plus it has additional scenarios using the 37 and a kettle (can't remember which, sorry!).

Since I last reported, I've not played too much on Train Sim, as I've got a bit distracted by Just Cause 2 - nothing like learning to play one of your favourite games all over again on a different system :lol:

gnolife

Established Member
Ah rats! Oh well, I have still gone for it, as it looks a good route even for £12.49...plus I have got Portal 2 on the daily offers at 75% off too, so not all bad!

Portal 2 is great fun. I'm not having much luck with getting partners for the Co-op though :(

Unfortunately, my bank, with help from Virmin Trains, is screwing me over, so I'm not able to buy any add-ons this sale :(

another smith

Unlucky. I had to watch that and Football manager 2013 go back up to standard sale price whilst still on hols in Spain. Back now, think I'm going to take the plunge and finally go for WCML North. My computer meets the requirements, and can happily do all routes smoothly in standard mode, so technically it *should* work ok...

FM13 is addictive and IMHO the best version since 97/98.

I finally took the plunge and bought HS1 and I think it's a fantastic route.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I picked this route up earlier in the year, outside of the sales, and it's worth the full price - so if you can get it for less than that it's a bargain. It's great to get both the 158 and 66, plus it has additional scenarios using the 37 and a kettle (can't remember which, sorry!).

Since I last reported, I've not played too much on Train Sim, as I've got a bit distracted by Just Cause 2 - nothing like learning to play one of your favourite games all over again on a different system :lol:
The 66 one gets with S&C isn't as good as the stand-alone model.

Crossover

Established Member
Portal 2 is great fun. I'm not having much luck with getting partners for the Co-op though :(

Unfortunately, my bank, with help from Virmin Trains, is screwing me over, so I'm not able to buy any add-ons this sale :(

I have seen the game played through by others. My laptop wouldn't have coped with it but the new PC should. The end song isn't as catchy as Portal, though :(

Unfortunately, I probably already have a Co-op partner...though I'm not sure when I will get a chance to play through it!

Status
Not open for further replies.