• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam train through ECR 26/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fincra5

Established Member
Evening all.. I just wondered where a steam engine with a mk1 generator pulling a Class 67 going to? And where it had come from?

Was around 14.31 this afternoon

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
I believe it would appear to be East Croydon as that is it's station code however, it could be somewhere completely different.

Bedpan

Established Member
Clan Line went through East Croydon at about half past three, on a circular run from Stewarts Lane via Guildford and Redhill. Presumably a test run as its been out of action for maintenance recently I think. The run was to the timings of the the Surrey Hills Lunch trains which take the same route. I assume that this was the he means although an hour later than stated.

Crawley Ben

Clan Line went through East Croydon at about half past three, on a circular run from Stewarts Lane via Guildford and Redhill. Presumably a test run as its been out of action for maintenance recently I think. The run was to the timings of the the Surrey Hills Lunch trains which take the same route. I assume that this was the he means although an hour later than stated.

Indeed she was on a test run with the 67 along as insurance I presume? That's one mighty fine loco is Clan Line.

Ben

Fincra5

Established Member
Ah my apologies.. I misread my diagram, it was in fact 1530 ish :) Silly me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.