• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stock for 2D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Hi guys, anyone who can access TRUST find out what the stock was for 2D60 1632 Penarth to Bargoed? I know 143601 was on the back but didn't catch the number of the refurbished 142 I was on at the front. Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tcm1106

Didn't even know 072 was refurbished!

It's a shame the general public can't access TRUST.

From my limited experience of using TRUST, the general public would have a hard time working out how to use it. Mainframe applications aren't user friendly...

ValleyLines142

Established Member
From my limited experience of using TRUST, the general public would have a hard time working out how to use it. Mainframe applications aren't user friendly...

I'd try and use it alright. Is there absolutely NO way us general public can get it?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'd try and use it alright. Is there absolutely NO way us general public can get it?

In a word, no. I have seen it being used though (legitimately), and it is a very, very complex system at times, especially for those who may not know entirely what to do.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
In a word, no. I have seen it being used though (legitimately), and it is a very, very complex system at times, especially for those who may not know entirely what to do.

Shame, it sounds such a good programme. I like using programmes like it to find out what stock is used on what. Is there any other system that does this?

Established Member
Also don't forget that TRUST is not infallible. For example, my train home the other night was shown as a 350/1 when I checked before leaving work but turned up as a 350/2; allocations are often put in early morning for the rest of the day so may change during the day, especially when problems occur.

Established Member
it is a very, very complex system at times, especially for those who may not know entirely what to do.
Trust isn't complicated from a user point of view, although TOPS is more so. Trust simply relies on you knowing what short text codes to type in to run a query and read what comes out. The pages and pages of explanations on the system is probably more confusing than actually using it!

Status
Not open for further replies.