• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent First Class Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I've received a free first class upgrade for my journey home with Virgin Trains Friday. (Lucky me eh?) I was wondering if I will be allowed into the first class lounge at Stoke-on-Trent as it is an advance ticket and what can I get in the first class lounge?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It was closed the last time I passed- but I don't see why not if it is open when you travel
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Correction - yes you are : I travelled to Euston last year on an advanced ticket which was only £34 and was allowed in

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It was closed the last time I passed- but I don't see why not if it is open when you travel
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Correction - yes you are : I travelled to Euston last year on an advanced ticket which was only £34 and was allowed in

I don't think that is what the OP was asking.

I don't think that is what the OP was asking.

I kind of half answered the question.

What do you get - depends on time of day but tea, coffee, soft drinks, fruit, crisps , snacks. I was on an early train so the breakfast offering was cereals etc. Also comfy seats newspapers, warmth! Lol

I hope this answers better

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't foresee any problems in all honesty. Entry to the lounge is via the cctv camera next to the door, where you show your ticket to the camera and the doors gets unlocked remotely.

Last time I was there there was a good selection of soft drinks and a decent coffee machine. Biscuits and snacks vary but they tend to change quite often. The lounge is a good place to chill and well worth a visit if you have never been there before.

Starmill

Veteran Member
I guess there's a chance given it appears for time to time at Glasgow Central and Manchester Piccadilly (that I know of!). It's just a very small one :p

breadfan

Well as long as there's some on the train I'll be happy. I'm travelling just after 12, does anyone know what food will be like?

According to their website (google Virgin trains First Class and follow the first link) this is the food until 1300.

Pendolino Trains

Brunch time just got more exciting on our Pendolino services with our new Made For You menu. Freshly prepared, to order, by one of our onboard chefs. Your choice of one of the following:

Sausage and caramelised onion chutney baguette

Fresh fruit salad (v) (gf) with optional yoghurt and honey

Warm pastries (v)

Carrot and coriander soup* (v) (gf)

Plus a biscuit or chocolate (v)

* Soup not available between the Midlands and London

v - suitable for vegetarians

gf - gluten free

Our products may contain nuts

Please note that food service timings in this menu refer to the origin time of the trains. Times are approximate and may vary according to your journey. On some short distance journeys you may not be offered the full First Class catering service due to the short distance travelled.

If it is the same type of free upgrade I had from Birmingham then lounge access is included. It stated that on the email and voucher I had to print. I had no problems getting admittance.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Trainfan344

Established Member
If it is the same type of free upgrade I had from Birmingham then lounge access is included. It stated that on the email and voucher I had to print. I had no problems getting admittance.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Glad to hear! Looking forwards to getting home for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.