• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange response from a transport forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

Last year I joined a transport forum focused on LUL with the same user name I have on here. Some months later, I chose to delete my account. One account voluntarily deleted.
A few weeks ago I decided I would like to rejoin. I apparently made the mistake of re-registering with my real name rather than my previous user name as doing so seemed to have caused a bizarre reaction from the Admin..
I just received the following e-mail from said forum

Our staff has opted not to approve your account, and therefore it has been removed. The following reason was provided for why your account was not approved:

Multiple account deletions - Now asked by ADMIN to not rejoin.

I am not a kid, I am a mature middle aged man. I do not play games. I voluntarily deleted my account ONCE. I never imagined a transport forum could be so intolerant of someone leaving, and then changing their mind and deciding to return.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
What Matt said to be honest. Being a transport forum though, there is an off chance that one or more of us might have links there? Would you care [and be permitted by Mojo et al!] to reveal which?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Surely this should be taken up with he forum in question, and not by us?

It probably will be, but ...

This is a community. Sometimes it's like a virtual pub. When you're down the pub with your mates, what do you do? You talk about what's happening in your life. That's how I view what's happening here.

theblackwatch

Established Member
If you have a problem with another forum, please take it up there - we dont want difficulties elsewhere being brought up here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.