Strangely expensive journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbon 1

During my business studies lesson last Friday, I was looking for times and fares to get from Lincoln to Grantham the next day (10th).. After finding a decent time train with a child return at £6.60, I thought, "I fancy a bit of a journey, oooh, this one has a change at Retford." long story short, a child standard single from Grantham to Lincoln via Retford is over £54....

Anyone got any idea why?

Cheers,
Matt

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
Odd that the website is giving you a rover for that (normally for fast but non-permitted journeys like this split tickets are offered, in this case likely Lincoln to Retford and Retford to Grantham, which costs far less than the rover).

Mcr Warrior

:roll: Just wait until Smartcard technology is rolled out on the rail network, and someone travelling from say, Seaford (Sussex) to Lewes, get chinged for the price of a single from Seaford to Kyle of Lochalsh for having failed to touch out properly at their intended destination just up the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.