• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Student Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me as Tommorrow i have to go to York from Keighley and need to be in york for around 9:45am Now as i'm over 16 so i would have to pay £23.70 (which is the price Northern's Website says) but as i get the train to college which is at Skipton i get 25% off with showing my college ID card of Keighley to Skipton which is £4.10 but with 25% off its £3.05.

Now would i be able to get 25% off the Keighley to York Price if i show my ID Card becasue some people i have asked have said yes and some said no.

Cheers for any Help.

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
According to your college website:

You will receive a 25% discount on the train fare in to Skipton on production of your Craven College ID Card. This is available to everyone irrespective of age and applies to the Airedale and Wharfedale lines.

As you probably know Airedale is Skipton-Leeds and Wharfedale is Ilkley-Leeds. It looks like you can't use your college discount to go to York.

34D

Established Member
Wharfedale is Ilkley-Leeds.

One would presume that for an offer such as this that it would only apply ilkley-guiseley-baildon-bradford.

Besides, people from Burley/Ben Rhydding would surely find it quicker to Skipton on the X84?

Status
Not open for further replies.