• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It has now been over a year since we last asked for images to appear on our user-selectable styles.

Our recent user survey indicated that the most of users feel that the styles available are of good quality but also that there could be more variety and some styles could do with being updated.

If you have any high quality images that you would like to see as forum styles then please get in touch! Send the original copy (in full size and without any watermarks) to [email protected]. Ideally we are looking for photos that can be used for widescreen or fluid styles although we're currently looking to implementing different types of styles in the future. You will be credited in the footer if your photograph is used.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have added a new style, 'Default style (plain background)' which is now available for use if you do not like the image background or if you currently use either of the Black styles, which are about to be discontinued as they are not up-to-date.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys about the style so long as it works, which, on my iPod touch, it doesn't properly - typing is very slow and if i press the delete key it often gets stuck deleting my whole post! That said, iPod touch keyboard is rubbish anyway.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Think you'll find that with almost any page with an image background - so use a different one. Mobi is better for mobile devices.

devon_metro

Established Member
However Mojo, you are missing the point. Prior to the pointless style change, the default railUK theme worked on an iPod without hitches. Why should a mobile version be used on a device that can handle all other forums that I visit?

Edit: I see you've uploaded one without the background, will have to try it later

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately the change had to be done as the older styles were outdated and would not work with the software update, and also it had to be changed to refresh the homepage.

iX users can visit http://i.railforums.co.uk and the style with no background will automatically load. For other popular mobile devices the 'Mobi' style will automatically load but if you are using an other device and it is not then visit http://m.railforums.co.uk. Do not visit this link on a computer as you can't easily change it once selected.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's working now!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry, forgot to post this yesterday but a few new styles have been launched. The Default style has been relaunched with a photograph of an EMT HST and this has also been copied across to the plain background version. If you prefer the older one (which is almost identical, but without the picture) then you can select this, which is 'RailUK plain.' When I launched the new one the link to the top posters page was left out (you have to add this manually) and I have now reinstated it.

The 'Grand Central HST' style (pic by Mintona) is now available again, this time in 800x600. A 'First ScotRail class 158' fluid style (pic by 90019) is also new.

Hopefully some time in October all of the 1024x768 styles will be available in the new format, be rest assured that the existing 1024x768 styles will not be discontinued until there are an equal numbers of styles available in the new format.

Tugzrule

Made a bit of an error and changed the style to Mobi on my laptop and want to change it to something normal. Have tried deleting cookies but it still doesn't reset it. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.