• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Summer Sunday timings on the Kyle of Lochalsh line

SandsofEss

I'm trying to find out the approximate schedule for the second Sunday train that runs on the Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh line in summers.

Does anybody have a link to the summer 2023 timetable I can check please, or any other insight into typical timings in the ex-Kyle direction?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
In July 2023 and August 2023, for example, believe there were the 10:20 and 15:09 departures on Sundays from Kyle of Lochalsh. Arrived 12:52 and 17:47 in Inverness, respectively.

The return direction Sunday workings from Inverness back to Kyle of Lochalsh were at 10:59 and 17:54 (arriving 13:47 and 20:34 at Kyle of Lochalsh, respectively).

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Anyone know if provisional Kyle Line timetables for Summer 2024 have been determined yet?

MichaelAMW

I'm trying to find out the approximate schedule for the second Sunday train that runs on the Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh line in summers.

Does anybody have a link to the summer 2023 timetable I can check please, or any other insight into typical timings in the ex-Kyle direction?
It's still available here:

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Care to advise what the Summer 2024 timings might be on the Kyle Line?
Unfortunately I haven't found a public copy of it, but Network Rail publish a list of all the dates for each stage of the timetable. The date for publication of the draft Electronic WTT was the 29th December. (I had it wrong in my head, I thought it was the 9th before checking.)

The 26th January is the final version eWTT.

3RDGEN

The summer Sunday timetable has been the same for nearly ten years now so I can't see it being different this summer. Winter Sundays remains just the out and back 10:59 from Inverness arr Kyle 13:47 and returning at 15:09.