• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the "Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard" for day trips Kidderminster to London MYB - at £36.40 as opposed to £31.40 for std return it gives a 1-6 travelcard for a fiver.
Just noticed that Nat Rail site is now quoting day travelcard rate as £60, whereas Trainline and Chiltern are quoting the usual £36.40.
Glitch in the system or moves afoot to remove the cheaper than an Oyster cap travelcard from the system?
I used the £36 one earlier in the year but not for a few months

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
£36.40 is the price of a Super Off Peak Travelcard routed 'via High Wycombe'. The £64.30 option is routed 'via Birmingham' and can be used on Virgin services into Euston which I assume are faster at many times of the day which is why booking engines are probably defaulting to that option.

To get the £36.60 option to show put High Wycombe as a via point.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Just noticed you're using National Rail enquiries - there is no need to do that, they don't sell tickets but simply redirect you to a train operating company website. Just go straight to your preferred TOC website and purchase the ticket. Don't use trainline though as they charge a booking fee which can be avoided by using a TOC site.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trainsplit offers it without any via points (it allows up three if you need them!) in Value mode to a cross London destination such as East Croydon.

I'd not bother buying through NRE; as others have said it will just redirect you to a train company site.

Status
Not open for further replies.