• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Surbiton-Leicester-Seaford

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanyalbeck

Hi there!
Am trying to figure out the best price for travel arrangements soon. I have a family and friends rail card and my kids are 7 and 9 years old.
*On Saturday July 27th the kids and I travel from Eastbourne to Surbiton to stay with family
* I return to Seaford on my own on Monday the 29th July.
* I go back to Surbiton the following weekend... Can be the 2nd or 3rd August
* the kids and I travel together to Leicester to stay with a friend on Sunday the 4th August.
* we all return home to Seaford on Tuesday August 6th.

Phew!! I need advice on routes and fares please... I'm confusing myself!
Thanks again,
Tanya :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
The two Leicester legs currently have cheap Advance fares available (these are restricted to the booked train only).

4 August Surbiton-Leicester dep 08.43 - £26 for 1 adult + 2 children with F&F Railcard (same price also available on later trains).
6 August Leicester-Seaford dep 11.25 - £22.90 for 1 adult + 2 children with F&F Railcard (similar prices on later trains).

A Seaford-Leicester ticket isn't valid to travel via Surbiton so unfortunately you can't use one ticket with a break of journey to go all the way up. There may be other more useful combinations though.

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
On Saturday July 27th the kids and I travel from Eastbourne to Surbiton to stay with family
Try the Southern site for cheap Advance tickets EASTBOURNE - SURBITON Route SOUTHERN & SWT. These are currently available on many trains that day at £4.95 for the Adult and £1.45 each for the children, total £7.85.
I return to Seaford on my own on Monday the 29th July.
Southern has Advance tickets SURBITON - SEAFORD SUSSEX Route SOUTHERN & SWT from £7.50 without Railcard for that day.
I go back to Surbiton the following weekend... Can be the 2nd or 3rd August
Once again, try Southern .
the kids and I travel together to Leicester to stay with a friend on Sunday the 4th August.
we all return home to Seaford on Tuesday August 6th.
See telstarbox above.

Status
Not open for further replies.