• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SW Guard interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilv

Hello all!

Had my interview today to become a guard.
I have previously done agency work for FGW & Chiltern Railways.
I also work for Chiltern on the wembley events.
The one other applicant is a man who struggles to speak English and has 0 railway experience or knowledge.
During my interview I know I impressed as I was able to provide valid answers for the questions they were dishing out to me, inparticular I impressed them by knowing about where they operate from and knowing the guards role.

I'm making this post to get your opinions, the interviewers kept on going on about courses I could take and what would I want on my name badge.

The way things came across felt positive but I am trying not to get my hopes up as they've previously been crushed by FGW.

Felt like I said alot about my previous roles too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

well good luck, they can move in strange ways at South West, but it sounds like you have got it nailed.

I was a qualified guard when I went for an interview at SWT and they said no, so bit odd. Ho Hum...

Status
Not open for further replies.