• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR: Guards/RMT Industrial Action. Next strike dates: 30/31 August, 1/2 September 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Ok thanks for explaining that, Sounds like something that can probably be solved without going into dispute then .

With any luck the company will resolve the issue and normal working can be resumed. I don’t however think it’ll be a simple fix.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
With any luck the company will resolve the issue and normal working can be resumed. I don’t however think it’ll be a simple fix.

Hopefully they will move the 10 car marker to where the 12 car is currently located and if necessary install a repeater near the disused signalbox.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Hopefully they will move the 10 car marker to where the 12 car is currently located and if necessary install a repeater near the disused signalbox.

I was thinking a co-actor might help. I don’t think the 10 car mark can be moved as the 12 car mark is only there through grandfather rights. You could possibly reconfigure ASDO to front 9 coaches only?

theironroad

Established Member
I was thinking a co-actor might help. I don’t think the 10 car mark can be moved as the 12 car mark is only there through grandfather rights. You could possibly reconfigure ASDO to front 9 coaches only?

I noticed today that there is plenty of platform London side of the white line, though the yellow hatching around the p4 up signal and the narrowness of that extra platform is probably problematic. I suppose it could be an alighting area only, but the train probably couldn't leave until everyone was clear of the narrow platform zone. I'm not really sure how much more room is needed to accommodate the rear passenger door and cab door, but whoever stuck the white line down needs to explain their rationale in the first place as I can't remember there being an issue until last year.

pompeyfan

Established Member
I noticed today that there is plenty of platform London side of the white line, though the yellow hatching around the p4 up signal and the narrowness of that extra platform is probably problematic. I suppose it could be an alighting area only, but the train probably couldn't leave until everyone was clear of the narrow platform zone. I'm not really sure how much more room is needed to accommodate the rear passenger door and cab door, but whoever stuck the white line down needs to explain their rationale in the first place as I can't remember there being an issue until last year.

The white line used to be where the anti trespass black cobble type moulding was, there was also a fence there. Occasionally drivers would stop slightly short of the 10 car mark and either the rear cab door or the rear passenger door would land on the plastic. Recently a few guards got reported for not reporting a stop short even though they weren’t aware they weren’t fully accommodated. NR/SWRs answer was to remove the fencing and the anti trespass raised plastic area.

theironroad

Established Member
The white line used to be where the anti trespass black cobble type moulding was, there was also a fence there. Occasionally drivers would stop slightly short of the 10 car mark and either the rear cab door or the rear passenger door would land on the plastic. Recently a few guards got reported for not reporting a stop short even though they weren’t aware they weren’t fully accommodated. NR/SWRs answer was to remove the fencing and the anti trespass raised plastic area.
RMT Only still in dispute with Southern then

I don't think that technically the swr dispute is over yet. The current round of strikes have been suspended to allow talks to recommence next week. Clearly the recent move is a fundamental change from swr/DfT and providing a suitable operating way forward is found then I'd imagine that yes, the RMT/swr dispute will then be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.