• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Class 455 at Ilford Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went past Ilford Depot today, and in the Bombardier Shed, was definiately a SWT liveried something, which looked incredibly like a Class 455. Anyone know why this unit is there? Is there any possability that it could be the one that had a Concrete Lorry fall on it?

TF

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Probably not; they're going to Ilford for heavy work now instead of Ashford.

That doesn't mean they haven't taken 5913 there though but I am under the impression it is still at Wimbledon.

Established Member
5907 according to Anglia-Gen. Had the gronk and match wagon attached this evening so presumably on the move back to SR soon.

455/8

5913 (the unit that was hit by the cement truck) isn't at Wimbledon Park depot, unless it was brought back this last week, it was moved by a GBrf 66 with a couple of other carriages a good week or so ago or a couple of days after the incident and was taken from Wimbledon up towards clapham jct then after that I lost sight of where it went as it was about 21.45 so it was dark anyway and i was on the USL and the 66 was on the windsor side of clapham and I also had a 12 car desiro that came stomping down the DMF past my 455 so it blocked my view and i didn't see it at queens town road onwards so must have either gone under clapham or something like that.

Alan

daza7789

Well I would imagine then that it either took the latchmere curve up towards mitre bridge ln then onto the NLL via stratford to ilford. Or more likely went down the ludgate lines, under clapham station and off down through kent to ashford chart leacon. This is the more likely of the options considering the damage to the unit.

NLC1072

I saw that unit go through Stratford platform 10a last night, with a Porterbrook loco on the front I believe, missed the class though, and two coupling converter carriages one at each end, was definitely a surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.