• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Gateline

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzymiss

Hi im new to this forum. I wonder if anyone can help me. I want to apply for a gateline position with SWT. Are the wages different at clapham junction and waterloo? What is the full time take home pay? Thanx to anyone who can help :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi im new to this forum. I wonder if anyone can help me. I want to apply for a gateline position with SWT. Are the wages different at clapham junction and waterloo? What is the full time take home pay? Thanx to anyone who can help :D
You'll get an inner London allowance of about £2,000 extra a year working at those locations (The further outside London you go, the less of an allowance you get, but all areas get something).

Urban Gateline

Established Member
The basic and allowance pay is the same at Clapham as Waterloo. However you may find you get more overtime at Waterloo due to the bigger nature of their Gateline operation! There used to be a ban on Rest day working for SWT Gateline staff in the london area but thankfully that's no longer the case, although it's paid at basic rate, not like Platform staff who get enhanced rates for it.

chilli_palmer

DO YOU HAVE TO BE SMART DRESSED FOR YOUR MEDICAL OR CAN YOU ATTEND IT WITH CASUAL DRESS?????

plz help

Stigy

Established Member
do you have to be smart dressed for your medical or can you attend it with casual dress?????

Plz help

smart casual is okay. Why the shouting?

Edit: How come I put my entire post in caps but it automatically adjusted it?

chilli_palmer

Anybody knows the salary for the Guard role for SWT ..training and after training plz? and does it include the london allowance

mizzymiss

Chilli Palmer if you look on the forum index you will see quite a lot of threads and replies relating to Guard and Medicals. If not then maybe you should do what i done and start one.

jonathan1409

The basic and allowance pay is the same at Clapham as Waterloo. However you may find you get more overtime at Waterloo due to the bigger nature of their Gateline operation! There used to be a ban on Rest day working for SWT Gateline staff in the london area but thankfully that's no longer the case, although it's paid at basic rate, not like Platform staff who get enhanced rates for it.

Hi Urban Gateline, i am hopping you could help me here! I have an assessment for a gateline role in Waterloo with SWT. my tests on the day are working with words and ticket checking and based on the practice material provided it looks straight forward but they mentioned i should allow 3 hours for the whole assessment!! so my question is, can you give me any advice of what to expect on the day please, thanks in advance

TEW

Established Member
I did the assessments a couple of weeks ago. Three hours is a very generous amount of time given. Mine took around an hour and a half. You'll arrive and sit in the waiting room. Then they'll take photocopies of everyone's identification and documentation which takes a little while. You'll then all go into a room, go through the tests and have a small practice before taking them. The tests take 8 minutes each, and there are a lot of questions to do. It is the number of questions rather than the difficulty of them which is challenging. You'll then go back to the waiting room whilst they are marked and after a little while you'll be told whether you have failed or passed, in which case you will proceed forward to an interview at a future date.

TEW

Established Member
Yes I did pass. The tests are nothing to worry about to be honest with you, they weren't too challenging. It was for a role elsewhere, not Waterloo.

jonathan1409

That's good to hear. I hope I will pass too and go through to the interview stage as i have always wanted to work for the railway industry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.