• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT station bash - whats the best way for Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello,

I need some ticketing help for the SWT area.

Next saturday Im hoping of getting a CDR to Basingstoke then doing the following:

Basingstoke - Winchfield
Winchfield - Hook
Hook - Farnborough Main

14 mins to get to Farnborough North (hopefully) then to Ash

Ash - Ascot
Ascot - Virginia Water
Virginia Water - Sunningdale
Sunningdale - Staines
Staines - Egham
Egham - Ashford (S)
Ashford (S) - Datchet
Datchet - Wraysbury
Wraysbury - Sunnymeads
Sunnymeads - Whitton
Whitton - Syon Lane
Syon Lane - Isleworth
Isleworth - Kew Bridge
Kew Bridge - Brentford
Brentford - Barnes Bridge
Barnes Bridge - Chiswick
Chiswick - Clapham Junction
Clapham Junction - Farnham
Farnham - Woking
Woking - Trowbridge.

As you can see its stations all over the place that doesn't really have any rovers/rangers for.

The option I suppose is CDRs but could I do say a CDR from Staines - Windsor & Eaton then just get off at those three stations in between (doubling back to one and coming back up for the other etc)

Please post any help rather than threads moaning that I visit stations please :)

Hope the above is clear, for referance I do have a 16-25 card so that should cut costs, a return Trowbridge - Basingstoke is only £11 odds!

Thanks,

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Yes sorry, starting at Trowbridge and coming back there after.

I usually have £190 for the month to spend after paying for my flat, council tax bills so hoping its not too much cost, it would work better if i could buy a CDR from say Reading - Clapham and get off at the million stops in-between..

Dennis

Established Member
Dunno if it helps, but I've bought Trowbridge-Ascot tickets before and used them for travel both via Basingstoke-Reading-Ascot and via Woking-Ash Vale-Ascot. I've then used an Ascot-Redhill to travel on just about any route you can dream up between those two places. You might like to check which ones are actually valid though!

Status
Not open for further replies.