• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cusaeng

I wouldn’t worry if you don’t hear anything by the notice date on the original application.
I believe they are holding back informing people of the results of the application however I don’t know how long for.

Caad12

Heard nothing back on this yet. Out of curiosity, I recently passed the first stage interviews with Northern but failed one of the tests at Doncaster - will that stand against me?

CGS

Heard nothing back on this yet. Out of curiosity, I recently passed the first stage interviews with Northern but failed one of the tests at Doncaster - will that stand against me?
Yes. You have to wait 6 months before you can sit them again.

Stigy

Established Member
Yes. You have to wait 6 months before you can sit them again.
Does it? I was under the impression these assessments were separate to train driver psychometric assessments?

CGS

Does it? I was under the impression these assessments were separate to train driver psychometric assessments?
You would go to Doncaster if you get through with Metro and it's the standard industry wide tests you would sit, same as with Northern.

Stigy

Established Member
You would go to Doncaster if you get through with Metro and it's the standard industry wide tests you would sit, same as with Northern.
Okay, maybe I’m getting confused. I was led to believe you cannot transfer between Metro and Mainline with the same assessments, which was why I thought they differed. Maybe it’s the training later down the line which differs and can’t be transferred?

CGS

Okay, maybe I’m getting confused. I was led to believe you cannot transfer between Metro and Mainline with the same assessments, which was why I thought they differed. Maybe it’s the training later down the line which differs and can’t be transferred?
I left Metro a few months ago and am now at TPE, there's been at least 20 left in the last year and a half as well to go to mainline.

Stigy

Established Member
I left Metro a few months ago and am now at TPE, there's been at least 20 left in the last year and a half as well to go to mainline.
So to answer my own confusion, yes you can transfer across? :E

Frankfurt

So to answer my own confusion, yes you can transfer across? :E

The tests you sit down Doncaster are exactly the same with metro as you would have done with Northern, all the same national standard. So should you go down for metro it will be your last chance due to the 2 strike rule.

As for moving on many have and many will continue to do so. However some TOCs/FOCs won't touch metro drivers for whatever reason. Also some TOCs/FOCs stipulate that you must have a European Train Drivers Licence, Metro have special dispensation so they don't need to register their drivers under this scheme. So you will be able to move on but your choices and chances may be limited.

Broot

any chance you can give me some tips! im @ TPE on Friday for interviews and tests!

CGS

any chance you can give me some tips! im @ TPE on Friday for interviews and tests!
TBH I did the interview etc a year and half ago so can't exactly remember what was asked. I'd say practice the SCAAT test and there's general questions in interview, name a time you've dealt with an emergency situation, customer service etc

Bon

It is yeah, think it was around September 2017 when I had the assessment day at Doncaster. Long wait but looking forward to getting started

ChrisRS

Nothing yet I did see on Twitter yesterday on a comment, that they're still processing the applications following a large amount of applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.