• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclist

Has anyone been invited to assessment yet. I’ve seen two people have been invited to assessment and one person even offered a job yesterday. I had interview in October and heard nothing.
I’m in your boat. Mine was September!
Hopefully the person above is correct and we’ll at least have some clarity by Friday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jay Lockie

I guess the candidates who interviewed the best were accelerated through the tests ready to start asap. I guess the most we can hop for is the recruitment pool.

Jarv4374

Anyone had an email this morning ? They must be on the way out as I’ve had mine to say I’ve made it through to the next stage good luck all

Comfy

Yes ive had it too. Mine says no dates planned for next stage though, has anyone been given a date or are we all in the same boat?
Im not sure whether the problems with current drivers pay deal is whats made them put it on hold or if they have genuinely already filled all the current vacancies. Either way im pleased I can focus on the next stage and be ready.

Last edited:

bornintheUAE

I've had the same; through to the next stage, but no word on dates. It adds up with what they told me at interview, they said we'd be called for assessment in batches before each school. I suppose they had to fast-track the top performers after the interviews to give them time to serve notice in their current jobs before starting the next school in January.

Suthy57

I've recieved the same email, passed into pool, but no date. Was unsure as to whether that was a good or bad thing, but seems everyone is in the same boat!

cjsatc

This is what my email said,

Good morning

Following your recent interview for the role of Metro Trainee Train Driver. I am delighted to inform you that you have been successful at interview and therefore selected to progress onto the next stage of the recruitment process which is to attend a Train Driver Assessment Day where you will complete a range of psychometric testing.

Unfortunately I am unable to confirm dates and location of the assessment day at present, therefore I would like to hold your details on file and place them into our ‘holding bank’ for future Trainee Train Driver positions that may arise in the future. If you would not like us to retain your details on file, or are no longer interested in the position then please do let me know.

Once I receive any further information on the Assessment day I will contact you again via email. If in the meantime you require any further information or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Not sure if it means I was rubbish at interview but just managed to get in or I was OK and it's normal to have to wait?
Anyhoo, good luck all

Duns2208

If you got through rest assured you interviewed really well, competition will be sky high for any train driver role, I’m sure I heard at interview they had over 3,000 applications. It’s just the normal way to wait in a talent/holding pool. What I would say is don’t put all your eggs in one basket until you have a job offer as no guarantees. Still great news though, well done

Irish Rail

Looking unlikely for me then as haven’t heard anything. Will give it another week but looking grim. We do hear even if unsuccessful though right??

Cyclist

Looking unlikely for me then as haven’t heard anything. Will give it another week but looking grim. We do hear even if unsuccessful though right??
i directly asked them this at interview and they claimed that everybody will be informed. I am hopeful that they will stick to this promise.

Transporter87

Hi been on this group for a little while but only just registered to post, has anybody received the invite to testing yet following on from the update on the 30/06/2020, I haven’t yet so I’m assuming I’m not one of the top 40 however I know they are quite slow sometimes. Cheers

jeff1989

Hi been on this group for a little while but only just registered to post, has anybody received the invite to testing yet following on from the update on the 30/06/2020, I haven’t yet so I’m assuming I’m not one of the top 40 however I know they are quite slow sometimes. Cheers

Same here mate I haven’t had another email since 30-06-2020 so it’s probably safe to assume we are not in the top 40. Just have to wait our turn I guess.

Jay Lockie

Same here mate I haven’t had another email since 30-06-2020 so it’s probably safe to assume we are not in the top 40. Just have to wait our turn I guess.
I haven't recieved an email either so I'm assuming we didnt make the cut. Do you know how many were put into the candidate pool?

jeff1989

I haven't recieved an email either so I'm assuming we didnt make the cut. Do you know how many were put into the candidate pool?

I’m not totally sure but I think I read on here somewhere that 120 made it to the testing stage. Fingers crossed we will still get a shot at the tests at some point.

Jay Lockie

I’m not totally sure but I think I read on here somewhere that 120 made it to the testing stage. Fingers crossed we will still get a shot at the tests at some point.
Cheers Jeff, yeah hopefully we will get a shot at it - not everyone of those 40 will pass the psychometric's, guess we still have an outside chance. I'm thinking we might be waiting a fair while as the training schools are quite small so maybe into next year, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.