• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tees Valley Line: What rolling stock will replace Pacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllensWest

Apologies,
It's my first time posting on this board although I have been lurking it for several years intermittently. My first question to those of you with far superior knowledge to me is:
What rolling stock will be replacing the dreaded pacers on the Tees Valley line, furthermore are there any expected new routes/schedules set in 2018 for the Teesside area?
Thanks In Advance
:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Class 156s will replace the Pacers on that route.

I didn't think we're due to see any changes to services in the area until 2019, the primary one being the introduction of the Middlesbrough - Newcastle - Carlisle Northern Connect service though I don't believe that will affect the Tees Valley route directly, but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Last edited:

AllensWest

I didn't think we're due to see any changes to services in the area until 2019, the primary one being the introduction of the Middlesbrough - Newcastle - Carlisle Northern Connect service though I don't believe that will affect the Tees Valley route directly, but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
Thanks. What stock will run on the Northern Connect Service?

AverageTD

I use the line sometimes and it seems that 156s operate Nunthorpe to Newcastle or Metrocentre
starting at around 7:30 but i can never see 156s before that time. Saltburn to Bishop Auckland is 100% 142s of what I’ve seen. I was hoping that the line would get new bi-mode trains but refurbed 156s and 158s are much better than any 142

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Saltburn to Bishop Auckland is 100% 142s of what I’ve seen.

I believe that 142s are diagrammed onto all services that run between Saltburn - Darlington/Bishop Auckland but 156s can and do appear from time to time

simon7929

On a weekday the 0624 SLB -NCL is booked a 156 this being the only booked run Mon-Fri. There are a few runs on a Sunday too.

Last edited:

simon7929

The last timetable change a few weeks ago saw a SLB-BIA service go hourly Mon-Sat. An additional late service from NCL to MBR on a Sunday night, services to Nunthorpe and Whitby on a Sunday from December through until March and a Sunday service to Morpeth.

Bwlch y Groes

Yeah, this is still up in the air at the moment. The intention was for it to run via an upgraded Stillington Line and go Middlesbrough-Durham-Newcastle (as per the franchise agreement) but this seems unlikely now as NwR are taking their time with upgrading it. So it'll likely go via the coast and be a limited stop service - Hartlepool and Sunderland at most

Status
Not open for further replies.