• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL delay repay - paper ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW16

I can't figure out from TfL's website how to claim a delay refund on TfL Rail with a paper season ticket. It looks easy if you use Oyster but there is no link for paper tickets (apart from a "National Rail smart card"). Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You're right, it isn't very clear at all.

You firstly need to have an online account (contactless.tfl.gov.uk). When logged in is a menu on the right that says "MY ACCOUNT." Open the "Oyster cards" submenu and under that you can find a link to "Service delay refunds." There is then an option to select either Oyster card, or paper ticket. I'd send you a link but looks as if they are unique to the user's current session.

Also note that TfL Rail do not do delay repay; the cause of the delay must be within what they believe to be within their control.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Contrary to all logic, you have to start by visiting https://contactless.tfl.gov.uk/ and signing up for an account if you don't already have one, then click on "Oyster Cards" in the "My Account" menu on the right-hand side of the page, then on "Service Delay Refunds", at which point it gives the option to select that you hold a paper ticket.

When entering the ticket number, include the 10 digit number with the issuing location details as well (for consistency with the previous paper forms). For example, ticket 12345 issued on machine 4746 at Window 1 at St Pancras might be: 12345 4746155501.

JW16

Thank you very much. I would never have found it. It's almost as if they hide it away deliberately!

Status
Not open for further replies.