• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"TfL staff perk that lets housemate travel free 'cost record £42m in lost revenue last year'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebmcr

Established Member
if the staff member joined pre-1996 they are not entitled to a nominee pass at all unless both they, and anyone who would be entitled to a Priv, chooses to forfeit having a Priv.

Do many of those with such a choice take it up? I have no idea of the relative merits.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do many of those with such a choice take it up? I have no idea of the relative merits.
I know of a few people who have done so, one is a couple where one partner works for LU and one works for a Mainline company so they both still have Priv but the partner also gets free travel on LU/buses/etc, others are people who both live in London and the nominee probably benefits from the cost saving of not needing to buy a Travelcard.

jumble

TfL has "lost" hundreds of pounds of revenue from me because I've been walking instead of paying £1.50 for a 5 minute bus ride. If the fare was still 80p I might have paid it many times in the past decade.

Worse still I came home the other day and told my missus that I had run behind the bus and saved £1.50
She answered
You stupid fool why did you not run behind a taxi and save yourself a tenner

rebmcr

Established Member
Worse still I came home the other day and told my missus that I had run behind the bus and saved £1.50
She answered
You stupid fool why did you not run behind a taxi and save yourself a tenner

Wonderful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.