• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL training or Training within the Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railroader22

Is anyone waiting to start Training for any position within TFL? Or any other TOC’s? If so, do you know how Coronavirus has affected your start date?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Octopus28

Is anyone waiting to start Training for any position within TFL? Or any other TOC’s? If so, do you know how Coronavirus has affected your start date?
TfL's income has been badly affected during the pandemic, about 7,000 employees will be put on the furlough scheme. So think this will have a serious knock on effect for upcoming training etc.

Railroader22

Yea, I’ve been seeing the reports today. It’s quite worrying. I was so close to starting and now I’m worried about the knock on effect this may have on future start dates. Are you waiting yourself to start a position?

Octopus28

Yea, I’ve been seeing the reports today. It’s quite worrying. I was so close to starting and now I’m worried about the knock on effect this may have on future start dates. Are you waiting yourself to start a position?
As long as you’ve got a start date, even if it gets pushed back a little bit, it’ll start eventually. No lovely, I work on the railway but I just saw your post and thought I’d message you. Xz

Gunner4lyf94

Was supposed to start my training april 13th as you may remember in another post :( but is not postponed, really hope it isnt too long till they start them again...

Railroader22

Was supposed to start my training april 13th as you may remember in another post :( but is not postponed, really hope it isnt too long till they start them again...
Hey Gunner, ye I remember mate. You not had any further correspondence since they cancelled the training?

Railroader22

What does everyone think.....Obviously this Covid19 situation has hit the rail industry hard...Do we think the industry will bounce back quickly? and therefore have a necessity to train newcomers? or do you think it will be a slow and gradual process getting back to normal - meaning training will become very limited?

Jayden99

Not quite TfL but I've just started training as a guard with EMR. It seems like this training going ahead is the exception rather than the rule though, for instance 2 friends who were mid training with SWR and Network Rail were told mid course that everything was suspended

Railroader22

I understand the feeling i was waiting nearly 10 months since i apply. Good luck to you, Fu...k the Covid 19
It’s been 9 months since I did application and about 6 months since being offered position. Guess it’s jus gonna be a waiting game!

Railroader22

Not quite TfL but I've just started training as a guard with EMR. It seems like this training going ahead is the exception rather than the rule though, for instance 2 friends who were mid training with SWR and Network Rail were told mid course that everything was suspended
So your training hasn’t been affected?

Jayden99

So your training hasn’t been affected?
They're having to do as much as possible online and hoping that restrictions are relaxed in time for us to do practical work, but not anticipating much delay to our passing out date. Like I said though this seems to be the exception to most other TOCs

Railroader22

They're having to do as much as possible online and hoping that restrictions are relaxed in time for us to do practical work, but not anticipating much delay to our passing out date. Like I said though this seems to be the exception to most other TOCs
Fair enough. Well good luck with it all mate.

Railroader22

Just received an email from TFL asking if there is anything preventing me from starting in the next 12 weeks.

ThatGuy

Just received an email from TFL asking if there is anything preventing me from starting in the next 12 weeks.

Same, I think since the recent hints about easing the economy back to normality is prompting them to send emails like this. Just so everyone's ready and prepared to proceed with next steps. No doubt this process will be long, but recruiters will also be on their toes to make sure all new starters are eased through each stage as quickly as possible once they get the signal (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.