• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW 15x/17x withdrawals (17x now finished)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bob Price

I guess clearing out Landore. There is a big speculation thread on where these will end up, but the movements so far are not yielding any clues.

Jez

Established Member
How many others are being stored in Landore at the moment ?

Welshguy1048

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Yes, they did, but only in part, also replaced the Met Camm 101s as well from the Marple, Rose Hill and Hope Valley lines, including Chester to Manchester Piccadilly via Plumley, and North Wales Blaenau Branch and some Holyhead services, plus Saturday Manchester to Blackpool services to enable 175, mainly North Wales and Blackpool and Cascade 142 150 156 Onto Marple, Hope Valley lines and Manchester to Chester via Plumley.
They also replaced class 37 and coaches on Holyhead-Crewe-Birmingham services.

Anonymous10

Established Member
I guess clearing out Landore. There is a big speculation thread on where these will end up, but the movements so far are not yielding any clues.
I suppose if there's a unit at holyhead that isn't working correctly positioning 007 could be to move it.

Welshguy1048

Currently a block to traffic from Chester on the coast due to a faulty level crossing with barriers stuck open
Ahh. Okay

Thanks for the information.

Dave

Hello

175105 went to Holyhead earlier.

175007 heading to Crewe Gresty Road later.

Last edited:

Lurcheroo

2 x 3 cars moving at Chester but couldn’t see the unit numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_9779.jpeg
    IMG_9779.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 180

Northerngirl

Just seen a video of half of 158834 bei g taken somewhere on a flatbed truck, any idea what happened to it

The_Train

Established Member
Are all of the 175s officially off lease from TfW now or are some still on lease in case needed as a contingency?

craigybagel

Established Member
Are all of the 175s officially off lease from TfW now or are some still on lease in case needed as a contingency?
Not sure where we stand on the lease but for operational purposes they are officially withdrawn.

Jez

Established Member
Just seen a 2 car 175 pass near Neath (heading Cardiff direction). Wasnt close enough to see the number but according to RTT its going from Landore to Holyhead

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Just seen a 2 car 175 pass near Neath (heading Cardiff direction). Wasnt close enough to see the number but according to RTT its going from Landore to Holyhead

No allocation in TOPS

The Prisoner

175009 and another 175/0 parked up at Chester depot yesterday. Visibly from the Greenway bridge, tail lights on.

Assume these have a future given the amount of hand back tests and checks. What price an export to some far flung country given the HST Mexico project? Ready made fleet of 27 units far from life expired must be attractive somewhere......

Northerngirl

175009 and another 175/0 parked up at Chester depot yesterday. Visibly from the Greenway bridge, tail lights on.

Assume these have a future given the amount of hand back tests and checks. What price an export to some far flung country given the HST Mexico project? Ready made fleet of 27 units far from life expired must be attractive somewhere......
I would have thought that there's enough demand here that international is pointless, scotrail and gwr must be looking at replacing there remaining 15x/16x sometime soon, the smaller doors couldn't be too much of an issue on the less used lines

Well now someone says Scotrail thats got me thinking, were the 175s built the same place as the 334s if yes is there any running gear that would be common spares

skyhigh

Established Member
As I've posted in the speculative thread regarding the future of the 175s, it seems as if there is currently no future home planned for the 175s as Angel have listed the full fleet as available for lease or disposal.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
As I've posted in the speculative thread regarding the future of the 175s, it seems as if there is currently no future home planned for the 175s as Angel have listed the full fleet as available for lease or disposal.
Then why were we told that TfW weren't able to extend the lease on the 175s to cover for mark 4 issues etc. because a new TOC had already agreed to lease them and was waiting to take them on?

MP393

175006, but is now stabled at Chester instead joining the others

Jez

Established Member
Then why were we told that TfW weren't able to extend the lease on the 175s to cover for mark 4 issues etc. because a new TOC had already agreed to lease them and was waiting to take them on?
I don't think it was practical for TFW to keep them much longer. Only a few were in service each day by the end of their time with TFW and the issues they had with availability/maintenance in the last few months it probably wasn't worth keeping them longer even if they have no home to go to at the moment.

The_Train

Established Member
So based on the Angel Trains website, all 175s are technically still on lease to TfW, or am I reading that incorrectly?

skyhigh

Established Member
Who is 'we' and who did the telling? All I've seen is rumours and guessing, nothing official.