• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW 15x/17x withdrawals (17x now finished)

Anonymous10

Established Member
208 is registered as 5M57 at Canton, check Traksy if you want. So that is the end of 17X, officially.

EDIT: It is now deregistered, unknown if it leaving Canton or not.
It did indeed leave Canton 85 late.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zak bevington

I believe there were 1 or 2 northern 150/2 sets on loan with TFW. Have they returned now or still down wales?

sd0733

Established Member
Seems to be routed via North London. Quite a long way round from Landore to Crewe!
There's also a path right behind going the direct route.
Even though its routed to Gresty Green I wouldn't be suprised if it went to the carriage shed and is in fact a ROG move taking 12477 to be inserted into HD05 along with some bits of HD08 as barriers. That was planned to happen over the next few days so there's a chance it's that.

Western 52

There's also a path right behind going the direct route.
Even though its routed to Gresty Green I wouldn't be suprised if it went to the carriage shed and is in fact a ROG move taking 12477 to be inserted into HD05 along with some bits of HD08 as barriers. That was planned to happen over the next few days so there's a chance it's that.
That would be an interesting move, but I can't see any loco move to Landore to work it? Unless there's already a loco there of course.

sd0733

Established Member
That would be an interesting move, but I can't see any loco move to Landore to work it? Unless there's already a loco there of course.
I completely overlooked that fact :oops:. It is planned to happen very soon but like you say something Will need to head there first for that so more likely would be a 175 moving

BillStampy

I completely overlooked that fact :oops:. It is planned to happen very soon but like you say something Will need to head there first for that so more likely would be a 175 moving
If a locomotive move does happen, I'll be intrested to view it, especially when it does eventually come back with the MK4. Most of the Landore movements at the moment are Runs as required so most won't run. Either that or it isn't and it just becomes cancelled

Two movements for tomorrow, I wouldn't expect them to run whilst they are still Runs as Required but they're up there. If one runs the other most likely won't as the schedules are almost identical.

Last edited:

animationmilo

Geeves

Established Member
Unsure of the 175 number but 37800 and 37515 are currently transiting a unit top and tail from Holyhead to Barton under Needwood 167 late at Chester so far

The_Train

Established Member
If it was just storage I personally don't see why they'd go there as oppose the rosco. Possibly repair work?
Cross Country stock tends to be serviced and maintained there so I can only imagine they are going to be used to alleviate overcrowding on the XC network*

*this may be wibble, please do not get your knickers in a twist and just imagine how glorious Aberdeen to Penzance will be in a single 175 unit :D

Trainman40083

Cross Country stock tends to be serviced and maintained there so I can only imagine they are going to be used to alleviate overcrowding on the XC network*

*this may be wibble, please do not get your knickers in a twist and just imagine how glorious Aberdeen to Penzance will be in a single 175 unit :D
People moaned about a 4 car. We listened and provided a 3 car. ;)