• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thames Branches Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
I hope you’ve fixed the problem where all Two Together discounted tickets were blanket rejected with the very confusing message “Ticket not valid at this location, insert a valid ticket or seek assistance”.
Yes, all updates were on hold until we fixed a bigger issue that has taken our suppliers longer than expected to fix. The fix also involved shipping one of our gates to their test facility in Slovakia. The update should have gone in this week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lockwood

I learned that this ticket exists via this thread - sounds interesting.
I think growing up in EMU land, I viewed HSTs as something that there was a premium for. This would be from the rarity of being able to use one, and the route using them (for me) being Via London adding that premium.

NRE shows the tickets being valid on GWR, and that the info was last updated in February. I'm guessing that TfL Rail West is not valid on this ticket (as far as H&H), rather than just the NRE page not being updated?

cactustwirly

Established Member
I learned that this ticket exists via this thread - sounds interesting.
I think growing up in EMU land, I viewed HSTs as something that there was a premium for. This would be from the rarity of being able to use one, and the route using them (for me) being Via London adding that premium.

NRE shows the tickets being valid on GWR, and that the info was last updated in February. I'm guessing that TfL Rail West is not valid on this ticket (as far as H&H), rather than just the NRE page not being updated?

I imagine it is and the NRE page hasn't been updated.
How else would you do the Greenford branch?

Established Member
Remember for flexi rover tickets the approach should be never to allow them to open the gates as the written date will always need verifying
When I used a North Wales Flexipass, it opened the barriers at Chester but nowhere else.

Only 'issues' I had were at Rhyl when I wanted to simply use the toilets-as I was travelling to Chester by bus. The staff initially rejected it saying that it was a ticket from Warrington (where it was issued) as they had just glanced at it. I was let through with no problem when I explained what it was and that I just wanted a pee.

Also had a VTWC RPI at Crewe ask if I was in a rush, then ask me about the area of the rover as it looked a good ticket and he fancied using one himself!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.