• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink 319 377 387 700 using London St Pancras International EMT platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there are still any Thameslink trains scheduled to use the high level East Midlands Trains platforms at London St Pancras International station? I know there use to be some early morning and late evening trains that used them but i am not sure if this still happens? Also if so are these 319 / 377 / 387 / 700 (or a mixture of all)? Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It only happens when the core is closed, so it can still occur.

Ok. Thanks. So i presume that this is mainly during engineering works? Do you know if there is any closures coming up soon that will divert the Thameslink trains to the EMT platforms?

EM2

Established Member
26th February, according to this page
Amended Thameslink service on Sunday 26 February
Engineering work is being carried out at various locations over the Thameslink network, closing some lines.

Customer Advice:

An amended service will operate as follows:-

2 trains per hour will run between West Hampstead Thameslink and Bedford
2 trains per hour will run between London St. Pancras (East Midlands Trains platforms) and Bedford (from 09:00 until end of service);
2 trains per hour will run between London St. Pancras (East Midlands Trains platforms) and Luton (from 09:00 until end of service);
2 trains per hour will run between London Victoria and Sevenoaks;
2 trains per hour will run between London Bridge and Brighton;
2 trains per hour will run between London Bridge and Wimbledon via Tooting.

Trains will not call at Kentish Town, a half hourly rail replacement service will operate between London St. Pancras and West Hampstead Thameslink from 06:00 until end of service;
A rail replacement bus service will operate between London St. Pancras and London Bridge outside of Northern line operating hours.

26th February, according to this page

Thank you. Much appreciated. I might try to get some photos on that day. Out of interest do you know why the trains are not calling at Kentish Town on this day?

387s are gone now, are they not?

No 387s are still used on GTRs Thameslink services. I believe they are slowly being transferred to Great Northern services but some 387s are still in daily use on Thameslink services at the moment.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Thank you. Much appreciated. I might try to get some photos on that day. Out of interest do you know why the trains are not calling at Kentish Town on this day?

The core closures usually extend up to include Kentish Town.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Ah ok. That makes sense. So i presume the trains will use those two tracks that go around the side of the platforms at Kentish Town?

They did on the 29th January when Thameslink were reduced to an hourly St Pancras - Bedford stopper due to staff shortages.

trainmania100

Established Member
Sunday. The last scheduled working was the 2224 Brighton-Bedford

Phew
I'd hate to have wasted sunday bashing them

On topic, I used to see 319s quite a bit in the EMT platforms alongside a EMT HST. HAvent been there in ages though

Class377/5

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are still any Thameslink trains scheduled to use the high level East Midlands Trains platforms at London St Pancras International station? I know there use to be some early morning and late evening trains that used them but i am not sure if this still happens? Also if so are these 319 / 377 / 387 / 700 (or a mixture of all)? Many thanks.

Services into the high level are always rare and always connected to engineering works.

The other weekend when there was emergency timetable, Kentish Town was closed as part of the Core block.

There will be many more chances to get the 700s into St Pancras but the 377 and the 319s, time is running out. Haven't checked when there is another Core block but that's when it'll happen.

mugam4

387 worked 1W53 1734 Bedford-Brighton and 1W64 2033 Brighton Bedford on 7/2 Delete, irrelevant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.