• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Programme, South Central & South Eastern area fleet cascades etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Anyway, at a event hosted at Gordon Hill yesterday where 313054 was named "Captain William Leefe Robinson VC", the FCC MD in attendance gave a speech where he was talking about the Thameslink Programme and how it will have 2 minute headways so 24 trains a hour in the Core.

The 313 was named in tribute to the British pilot who shot down a German airship over Cuffley during the First World War and also to celebrate the 100 years of the Grange Park to Cuffley section of the Hertford Loop.

He did not explain if that applied only to the peak or both peak and off peak.

Thought they were going to cut back on that though?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
In the past few years (especially in recent months) I've noticed bits of new OHLE being installed on the MML. I've also done a bit of Googling and it appears that a ~12-mile stretch between Kentish Town and Radlett will gain autotransformers with the biggest new pieces of kit (substation components etc) being installed at Kentish Town TSC, Grahame Park FS and Borehamwood TSC.

Edvid

Established Member
The varying amount of new OHLE needed in response to platform extensions is interesting - Luton has a lot in the immediate vicinity of the country end, whereas Mill Hill Broadway works only led to the replacement of a single cantilever (I originally thought several replacements would have been needed there). Though I'm not certain, it also looks like there won't be any major power upgrades north of Sandridge TSC - judging by the lack of change at Luton Hoo TSC etc.

I was on the line yesterday and was amazed by the amount of new OHLE currently situated near Borehamwood TSC, especially on the down fast side.

Class377/5

Established Member
It's all been upgrade for the planned new requirements of the NXEMU fleet that now looks to be suspended.

John Webb

Established Member
Some minor OHLE works have taken place around St Albans City station, mostly replacements, it would seem. There have also been some signal changes and moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.