• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Trainee Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

badassunicorn

Lot of exciting opportunities for trainee drivers at the moment! Good luck to anyone who applies!

387star

On Moderation
Depot too

So you can't apply even if you have passed assessments within the last six months?

Kukua

has anyone noticed that this is internal?

Last edited:

Pepperami

Please note you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have taken a Trainee Train Driver assessment within the last six months, or if you have already failed any element of the trainee train driver assessment twice at any time in the past.

So if you have already TAKEN in the last 6 months an assessment for a Trainee Train Driver , or you have failed any part of an assessment, you cant apply.... if I read it correctly

Seems a little odd if you've already passed the assessments?

Wonder why you cant apply if you've passed?

Last edited:

Firestarter

'Please note you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have taken a Trainee Train Driver assessment within the last six months, or if you have already failed any element of the trainee train driver assessment twice at any time in the past.'

I thought you had unto 4 chances now???

Angus24

hey guys, can externals apply for this? just filling the application out and its asking for a payroll number?

387star

On Moderation
Yeah must be internal surprised this site is available as it also deals with staff issues uniforms etc

SPADTrap

Established Member
Heard the external one is live next week with the new system.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
'Please note you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have taken a Trainee Train Driver assessment within the last six months, or if you have already failed any element of the trainee train driver assessment twice at any time in the past.'

Not sure where you heard 4 chances. Not the case.

Last edited:

Polar

Heard the external one is live next week with the new system. This is internal.

As the GTR recruitment website is still under construction, to apply, please fill in the attached application form and email it to [email protected] by*Tuesday 18th November.

you sure thats not external as well?

westcoaster

Established Member
This is for internal applications only if I'm not mistaken, only 4 pages long and asking for pay number which you would only have if employed by GTR.

Edit ------------

Just looked on the internal site and it says it's for internal and external.

GTR are using the southern site to advertise for jobs so keep an eye on there.

Last edited:

LUL

This is for internal applications only if I'm not mistaken, only 4 pages long and asking for pay number which you would only have if employed by GTR.

Edit ------------

I suspect there is both an internal and external application if it says it's open for both.

Southern's website is throwing up a 500 error at current.

387star

On Moderation

Edit ------------

Where does it say it is external as well? I find it odd an internal application is available on the internet as opposed the intranet where it belongs

It does clearly state Internal on the top of the form anyway which is good as I hate these forms you have to edit in a PDF format will be buying Adobe anyway as some operators prefer it this way

Edit: it is open to externals they have edited it to make it clearer

Do they not accept previous assessment passes hence not allowing people who have taken tests in the last six months? Perhaps because they incorporate additional tests eg DFFT?

Last edited:

oxoneil

Please note you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have taken a Trainee Train Driver assessment within the last six months, or if you have already failed any element of the trainee train driver assessment twice at any time in the past.

So if you have already TAKEN in the last 6 months an assessment for a Trainee Train Driver , or you have failed any part of an assessment, you cant apply.... if I read it correctly

Seems a little odd if you've already passed the assessments?

Wonder why you cant apply if you've passed?

This is what it actually says

"Please note that you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have taken and failed a Trainee Train Driver assessment within the last six months, or if you have already failed any element of the trainee train driver assessment twice at any time in the past."

Pepperami

Well its been changed then mate because that was a copy and paste hence the people before my post asking :)
I've just looked again and its definitely been changed as said I copied and pasted that so they obviously got the wording wrong :)

387star

On Moderation
Thanks looks like a lot of editing has taken place

Last edited:

red2005

god no.......when the tests changed it just meant that people who had already failed twice before now had 2 new chances......if u had never taken them before it still meant you only had the 2 lol

Angus24

am i missing something? its still asking for a payroll number which must mean internals, i dont see any " i do not currently work for them" options?
WOW, i did miss something, didnt read the vacancy again, my bad.....lol

andylee7

Could someone please post the new link with the changes that have been made, many thanks

Firestarter

god no.......when the tests changed it just meant that people who had already failed twice before now had 2 new chances......if u had never taken them before it still meant you only had the 2 lol

So if you failed the test twice previously before the tests changed you cant apply for this current vacancy which says you cant apply if you have failed twice before?

Marc1986

Has anyone had a response/email to indicate that their application has been received?

Jeffreybanks

Nope and the application form was a little bit strange with the layout and no margins etc. Would be nice to receive a acknowledgement of receipt. Hope it's not all internal positions but advertised externally to be compliant.... Fingers crossed

Marc1986

It's just a case of waiting then. It must be for external candidates and they are just using the only form they have available hence the explanation in the instructions. Positive thinking!

Angus24

just about to complete the application form and a thought popped into my head, what jobs/backgrounds are you guys from?

the reason being is im only 24 with limited experience and just wondered what type of person my application is up against? :)

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Nope and the application form was a little bit strange with the layout and no margins etc. Would be nice to receive a acknowledgement of receipt. Hope it's not all internal positions but advertised externally to be compliant.... Fingers crossed

Worry not, trainees at those depots are largely external.

387star

On Moderation
I wonder if people can relocate presumably so

The internal map is presumably wider than it was with FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.