• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thank you for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSN

Hello all,

As you may know I've been a member here for Id at least 12 months and in that time I have asked questions and learnt a lot from reading a good amount of forum posts.

I've just sent my contract off to Northerns HR as requested and I'd just like to say thank you. This forum is a fantastic source of information and guidance and the people who regularly post have always been brilliant and straight to the point.

I've got my dream job as a driver and I can't wait to start!

I will be keeping here as a regular poster so if anyone needs any advice, feel free to ask.

All the best

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shrimper

I take it you're on the course starting on Monday? If so I'll be a month behind on the August course once I get my medical done.

Congratulations - and I echo what you say, the forum is very useful indeed! Though I was also fortunate to have a couple of friends who have already been through the Northern process.

RBSN

I take it you're on the course starting on Monday? If so I'll be a month behind on the August course once I get my medical done.

Congratulations - and I echo what you say, the forum is very useful indeed! Though I was also fortunate to have a couple of friends who have already been through the Northern process.

No I'm on the July 25th course for Leeds station. Can't wait! All the best buddy!

Kit.Frank

Well done again RSBN! Bet you can't wait to start.

I passed my assessment day in Doncaster two days ago following successful DMI for Darlington trainee driver. Had an email from Northern yesterday to say I have been successful but that my application is 'on hold' until a course is available... but that they can't tell me when that will be. No idea if that's a good or bad thing!

Anyway, congrats again RSBN :)

Louby

Make the most of this time as the next 12 months of your life are theirs , I've just done my 12 week assessment and earned a weeks leave , lots and lots to take in but it does fall into place ! Enjoy and maybe I'll see you around Leeds in the next few months when I'm on the road !

RBSN

Make the most of this time as the next 12 months of your life are theirs , I've just done my 12 week assessment and earned a weeks leave , lots and lots to take in but it does fall into place ! Enjoy and maybe I'll see you around Leeds in the next few months when I'm on the road !

I'm sure we'll meet at some point buddy

JCLeeds

Can I just second what RBSN says. Over 3 years since I started on here, finally passed everything today and given a start date for Leeds. Thanks to everyone who has given advice on here, and good luck to those starting out or still in process. It's a slow thing this, and sometimes feels like you'll never get there but stick at it, keep learning from any knock backs and you will get there. Cheers!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well done again RSBN! Bet you can't wait to start.

I passed my assessment day in Doncaster two days ago following successful DMI for Darlington trainee driver. Had an email from Northern yesterday to say I have been successful but that my application is 'on hold' until a course is available... but that they can't tell me when that will be. No idea if that's a good or bad thing!

Anyway, congrats again RSBN :)

Kit - on hold is definitely a good thing. I was in hold for 3 months, got a start date today. Congrats on passing!

RBSN

Can I just second what RBSN says. Over 3 years since I started on here, finally passed everything today and given a start date for Leeds. Thanks to everyone who has given advice on here, and good luck to those starting out or still in process. It's a slow thing this, and sometimes feels like you'll never get there but stick at it, keep learning from any knock backs and you will get there. Cheers!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Kit - on hold is definitely a good thing. I was in hold for 3 months, got a start date today. Congrats on passing!

Well done mate! Your hard work and dedication has paid off! See you on the 25th!

Johncleesefan

Congratulations. Prepare to write the next year of your life off. But don't worry. It's well well worth it :)

bonelorry

Congratulations! I am on Week 15 so near the end of my Classroom training now. Its tough but worth it!

If you need to know anything give me a shout and I will try and answer for you if I can.

Best of luck with the training,

Regards Simon

WCMLaddict

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm Kit but there's a big difference between a talent pool for Leeds or Manchester and other depots like Doncaster that see sporadic trainee intake.

Nevertheless good luck and hopefully your wait won't be too long.
Also well done to the others joining Northern.

Kit.Frank

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm Kit but there's a big difference between a talent pool for Leeds or Manchester and other depots like Doncaster that see sporadic trainee intake.

Nevertheless good luck and hopefully your wait won't be too long.
Also well done to the others joining Northern.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. You're possibly right as Darlington posts rarely come up. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and see what happens! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.