• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Bakerloo line has a new voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

samuelmorris

Established Member
Strange old woman? Same as the S stock and Victoria lines is it not?
I actually quite like this announcer but only over speakers that sound clear. Sounds a bit naff on the 72 stock's muffled speakers :)

Oh okay it does sound like her, but I guess the question then is why? The announcement is pretty much the standard "all change please" that Emma had. I can't work tfl out sometimes :?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Oh okay it does sound like her, but I guess the question then is why? The announcement is pretty much the standard "all change please" that Emma had. I can't work tfl out sometimes :?
There are a number of problems with customers failing to get off trains that terminate at stations, and this is just one of the ways to help ensure that customers leave for the train promptly without staff intervention. You may have noticed the (as yet unused) displays on the platform at Queens Park which are intended to be visible from inside the train, which is another way they plan to advise customers that the train is terminating.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I wonder if TfL are going to attempt round two of "not having staff check the train is empty before it goes to the reversing road", given the resounding failure of round one in 2013.

Kite159

Veteran Member
There are a number of problems with customers failing to get off trains that terminate at stations, and this is just one of the ways to help ensure that customers leave for the train promptly without staff intervention. You may have noticed the (as yet unused) displays on the platform at Queens Park which are intended to be visible from inside the train, which is another way they plan to advise customers that the train is terminating.

Could be the same as the Jubilee's man of "This train will now terminate here, all change please"

Having a different voice might make some passengers more aware that it isn't a routine announcement of "this station is blah, this train is for whatsit"

samuelmorris

Established Member
All fine and dandy until you get on a train that plays him telling people the train terminates here, all change please - at every stop!

rmt4ever

And do away with MOTE staff like my local station :(

We need more staff on stations and platforms and booking offices. Not less!

announcements

RE: Jubilee line man - such recording couldn't be used in this instance as the BCV/SSL lines use a different supplier (Global Voice Systems) to the JNP (Ketech)

The voice belongs to Emma Hamilton ??????

CapitalStar378 is correct on this one - it is Sarah Parnell. I think you meant to say Elinor Hamilton, however she only voices the platform announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.