• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

THE CAMBRIAN - to Porthmadog

Status
Not open for further replies.

grh

Hi all,

the Cambrian coast steam starting next Monday to Porthmadog and Pwllheil using 44871 black five.

Any idea what way the engine will be facing and will they take it to Shewsbury at any point during the season and turn it???

I know last year 76079 faced Porthmadog all season, but some variety thoughout the season would be good, but how would you find out what way it is and when the would change??

Red carrages???

thanks
Graham

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think it will face Pwhelli again this year. They don't usually turn it so will face north all season. The stock is likely to be wcrc mark 2s as in previous years.

grh

cool,
many thanks.

I must admit, I have only photographed once before, but there are some nice shots, shame they cant turn it.

Good to see its running again this year. there were doubts if it would or not with the new signalling.

I did last year on the monday of the final week. It was a good trip. Well worth doing.

Simon Poole

Theres an light engine move with 44871 this friday, when it gets at Crewe, it be waiting for an Class 33 to come down from Carnforth and the pair will head to Shrewsbury and into Wales, taking an guess that 44871 will run with the Class 33 on the rear when it runs the Cambrian Coast Express

grh

hi all,

thanks for the interest.

will the class 33 be kept in the yard at Machynlleth or will it be on the rear banking???

last yr 76079 ran on its own, and that was a smaller engine!

Graham

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
hi all,

thanks for the interest.

will the class 33 be kept in the yard at Machynlleth or will it be on the rear banking???

last yr 76079 ran on its own, and that was a smaller engine!

Graham

The 33 will stay at Mach unless its needed like happened the odd day last year.

As Simon indicated the train did indeed run yesterday late afternoon. 44871 was heading the train with the diesel at the rear. As 44871 was heading in the normal direction (ie chimney first) it will be running that way to Pwllheli.

I fully agree that it is a really nice day out on a scenic railway route.

Status
Not open for further replies.