• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Grand National - EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

1007-T68

Will they be any EMT services that will oprate a strenghtened train due to the races if so what traction will be used and will it pass picad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MP33

Can someone please confirm if the following is an urban myth or not.

When special trains ran to right next to the course, as shown in the film of the 1967 pile up. People who had no interest in the race or horse racing used to book just to travel on the Aintree freight branch.

I was going to have a sea bass for tea tonight so I went into a betting shop for the first time in years and put £10 on the horse of that name each way. I am not a mug so I took the odds on offer of 14/1 and not the starting price which was 8/1.

Established Member
No doubt it was a rare bit of track in the day, so I can't see why some people wouldn't want to bash it. Same goes for some of the freight-only routes today - when there is a diversion on due to engineering work, there is usually a few people on just to get that bit of track in.

Status
Not open for further replies.