• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the great train robbery 1963

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebattams

the great train robbery is anyone able to provide a complete list of all the 12 mail coaches that set off from Glasgow to London in 1963

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mvann

Get a copy of hold up at sears crossing as I believe that has the full list of coaches involved. I'll check at work on Saturday.

thebattams

thankyou mvann for your support, yes you are quite right i have just started out and that was a silly mistake i made to say sail instead of set off

kind regards anthony

Mvann

Is there anything specific you want to know? The only surviving coach is at the nene valley railway and should be on display soon after having a major overhaul.

Matt-the-mutt

Is there anything specific you want to know? The only surviving coach is at the nene valley railway and should be on display soon after having a major overhaul.

Needs it, had a little tour of the work sheds last week. Its just in storage from what I remember, but looking at the other carriages it was a lot better off

thebattams

Hi mvann im a collecter of books on the british underworld and i am coming to the end of my collecting of these book and i have starterd to collect in detail on the great train robbery, photographs magazines & books exc .. and was trying to get as much infomation on the engine and the carriages i was also thinking of getting a model of this train. there is a model of the engine on ebay this is the write up of it... Lima Deltec Diesel No 40126 (was a model of the Great Train Robbery ... but i am after a model with more detail then the one thats displayed on ebay.
currently there is no company that produces this model that i can find and i will have to have it made customized i can see this costing me a fortune and a long time to get all the pacific and actuate infomations on this train this should keep me busy for a number of years on and off as i am just starting out this is a bit of a mind filled at the moment im thankful for your help kind regards anthony

Rugd1022

Hi mvann im a collecter of books on the british underworld and i am coming to the end of my collecting of these book and i have starterd to collect in detail on the great train robbery, photographs magazines & books exc .. and was trying to get as much infomation on the engine and the carriages i was also thinking of getting a model of this train. there is a model of the engine on ebay this is the write up of it... Lima Deltec Diesel No 40126 (was a model of the Great Train Robbery ... but i am after a model with more detail then the one thats displayed on ebay.
currently there is no company that produces this model that i can find and i will have to have it made customized i can see this costing me a fortune and a long time to get all the pacific and actuate infomations on this train this should keep me busy for a number of years on and off as i am just starting out this is a bit of a mind filled at the moment im thankful for your help kind regards anthony

Bachman do a model of the EE Type 4 / Class 40 with the correct 'split headcode' front ends, although it's not numbered as D326. They did have plans to release a limited edition of this particular loco but changed their mind as it may have brough some bad publicity their way. It wouldn't cost much to renumber the current model to D326 though.

A lot of absolute tosh has been written about the robbery over the years and has been passed off as being accurate, you have to be very careful what you read on this subject! One good scourse of info is Tim Coates book 'Moments Of History - The Great British Train Robbery, 1963' which has partial transcripts of the subsequent Police reports written in the days and weeks after the robbery took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.