• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Model Railway Layout Design Software SCARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mixy

Here are listed the SCARM railway blog posts for April.

Check also the recently published first SCARM fleet with several N-scale vessels (created by John Lemay) and download the project file if you want to use some of these ships in your SCARM layouts.

Emma Maersk container carrier

SCARM_Emma_Maersk_3D_model_N-scale-300x144.jpg

Different lake freighters

SCARM_Lake-freighters_3D_models_N-scale-300x150.jpg

Lansdowne rail ferry

SCARM_Lansdowne-Rail-Ferry_3D_model_N-scale-300x150.jpg

And there are more... :)

Mixy

Mixy

And here are the SCARM railway blog posts for June and July.

Read more about SCARM and Windows 10 if you plan to migrate to the new operating system and use SCARM on it.

windows-10-logo-160.png

Most users that already upgraded reports that SCARM runs fine, even faster on Windows 10, but if your case is not the same, post here or comment in the blog for any issues or weird behavior when running SCARM on the new OS.

Mixy

robputt796

Hi Mixy,

Out of curiosity is SCARM simply freeware, or is it opensourced also? It is a great utility, and I'd love to contribute if it is opensource.

Best Regards,

Rob

Mixy

Hello Rob,

SCARM is freeware, but is not open source. However, you can still contribute to the SCARM fans community, i.e. by creating and sharing track plans and virtual structures in SCARM and more like these :)

Mixy

Mixy

Well, it seems like SCARM runs well on the new Windows 10 system and now I am preparing to publish the next update of the program ;)

In the meanwhile, here are the SCARM railway blog posts for August.

Check also the recently posted virtual model of Superquick A-10 Train Station Building in OO scale and use it in your SCARM layout plans.

Superquick_A-10_SCARM_Station_Model_ft-428x300.jpg

UPDATE

The new version 0.9.30 of SCARM is ready and published, coming with new features and many new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Train Layout Software 0.9.30 Released

Hope you will like it ;)

Mixy

Last edited:

Mixy

crispy1978

I've been using SCARM to try and build myself a layout I'm happy and comfortable with.

Must admit I need to work my way through the tutorials to find out how to build things like slopes, bridges, roads and buildings to try and get a more realistic view of what the finished article might look like. My CAD and general artistic licence isn't brilliant, so it might take a while!

Mixy

The new version SCARM 0.9.31 is ready and published, coming with new security features and some new and updated track libraries. Read more about that in the following link:

SCARM Model Railway Track Planner 0.9.31 Released

This version should fix the rare but annoying "scramble" bug, which may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended ;)

Mixy

Mixy

This is the new featured layout in the database for January, which construction already started:

Garden State Central Model Railroad Club 25' x 50' Room Layout

SCARM_GSCRR13g_HO_Track_plan-640.jpg

SCARM_GSCRR13g_HO_Virtual-Layout-1-640.jpg

It is one of the largest and most complex track plans ever created in SCARM which is now turning into a real layout by the guys in Garden State Central Model Railroad Club. See some pics from the building process, read more about that huge layout and download the SCARM track plan from the link above.

Hope all you will like it :)

Mixy

Mixy

The new version SCARM 0.9.32 is ready and published, coming with new Flip and Rotate features and many new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railway Layout Software 0.9.32 Released

This version also fixes several annoying bugs that may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :)

Mixy

Mixy

Here are the SCARM Railway Blog posts for March and April.

The next version of the program is on the the way, so check the SCARM website regularly :)

Mixy

Mixy

The new SCARM v. 0.9.34 is ready and published, coming with new and updated track libraries and also with the brand new Model Trains Simulator.
Read more details here:

SCARM Railway Layout Planning Software 0.9.34 Released

The Starter Edition of the simulator is intended for simple 2D and 3D simulations of various operations on the track plans, designed in SCARM. It will show you how the model rolling stock can be operated on a real layout, before buying even a single track.

In that way, you will be able to test the concept of your plan and to discover potential design flaws before start the construction of a real layout. And like SCARM, this edition of the simulator is completely free :)

Please note: if you want to test the simulator, you must install the latest version of SCARM first and then to use "Extensions" > "Browse for Extensions" menu command in the program in order to download and install the required files.

The simulator opens a whole new world for playing with virtual trains and I hope that most of you will like it :)

Mixy

Status
Not open for further replies.